Thread: 240SX clutch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So how did the clutch do this weekend?
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Clutch worked fine. Don't know what fixed the issue since I pretty much replaced everything, but never had a problem. I didn't notice any tranny fluid leaking either so hopefully that is fixed as well. I didn't get under the car, though, so still need to do a complete check. The clutch felt a little grabbier than I remember, but I hadn't driven the car in a year so who knows.

My driving sucked, but I managed a 47.2 in ProIT qualifying on Friday, which is pretty good for me. I couldn't get below a 49 in the race, though, and couldn't get below a 50 in the ARRC race on Sat. The temps were much hotter for both races so I don't know if the car was just down on power, the track was greasy, or I just lost whatever I had during qualy. I need to look at my data to see where those seconds went.

I met Mark Johnston and it was good to meet another 240 guy, even if his is currently wrecked. I did ask him how much HP he was making and he's making the exact same the motor in my car made. Still trying to figure out who out there is making 150+.

David
    ITA 240SX #17
    Atlanta Region

Good news re the clutch. And yeah, it has been my experience that our cars are particularly sensitive to temp changes.

I didn't know Mark wrecked his car - did he do that at NJ? I talked to him right before the last Summit Point race, and he was ok at that time. I also wish I had known he was going down to Atlanta, I was on the fence about driving down and might have gone if I could have hitched a ride with him. As it was I just got home too late Friday to think about driving all night.
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

I guess it was NJ where Mark wrecked. He said it was a pretty bad hit on the right front. Pushed the right front shock tower towards the firewall. He was talking about swapping everything over to the coupe he had built for drifting and then trying to fix the tub. He was down with the ITS 300ZX Alien Force racing guys (can't remember their names at the moment).

David
    ITA 240SX #17
    Atlanta Region