Thread: New Tracks to set records at???

Default New Tracks to set records at???

At the last NER it was mentioned that 2013 might see three new tracks in the Northeast... Any idea what they are?

Also any ideas on the following having SCCA racing or maybe a status update/rumor confirmation?

NHMS new/longer road course - www.nhms.com (local motorcycle racers said they were adding to the existing track, can't find any articles though)?

Thompson International Speedway reopening the road course - www.thompsonspeedway.com (no news articles found other than mention on the NER website)

Monticello Motor Club - www.monticellomotorclub.com (are they ever going to have club events)?

NY Safety Course - www.nysafetytrack.com (just discovered this track)?

Palmer Motorsports Park - www.palmermotorsportspark.com (is this project dead)?

Valley Motorsports Park in Tamworth NH - www.clubmotorsports.com (same as Palmer, no news in a long time)?

What else is going on???

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Jolly Roger Motorsports Park in Lempster NH, If they ever get thier feet off the ground.

Actually Dan, It's Silver Mountain Raceway.
    The PTB say there is lots of activity, with meetings and support from both State and local government.
    There are several investors who have offer support and with a few more, construction could start very soon!
    Jerry
    NER South

MMC had their first outside race this year when NARRA came to town... It was a great event and it was nice to drive there again. Reaction was pretty positive. But I'm not holding my breath.

NYST is for motorcycles only. Atleast for now... They plan to run car clubs in the next year or two, supposedly. Racing might come after that. Might.

Rumors and chatter still surrounding Alpine. But last I knew their business model didn't include racing of any sort.
    Last edited by CRallo; 10-11-2012 at 01:12 AM.
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

I got a chance to go to MMC before they closed it off a couple years ago. The track is awesome, I really want to go back.
    Another rumor that floated around earlier this year was Central New York Raceway Park. It's a long way off, but link is here.
    Kyle C
    #69 ITA Honda CRX
    Glen Region Timing & Scoring Chief