Thread: Jersey Road Racing Classic at NJMP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Good fields. Going to be some good racing.

Also, I see Ben is entered in the 944 Nationals, come on down and support our hero!
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Great people and great weather made for some great racing and a great time.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

A great weekend indeed!

Minus some Sat AM screwups in various groups and a GrandAm style wreck before the first turn in group two's "feature" race, it was a pretty good weekend! I was there for the PCA day as well with my client who ran all weekend in group two and even drove a session to check the car setup and get some data. Paid off, he found two seconds on Saturday!

A side note regarding the group two fiasco... It was another driver with a reputation, but no paper to go with it... He does now, but many cars were hurt that didn't have to be including an old IMSA car with some history.
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

What an awesome weekend! I got to run the 944 cup and had a great time racing with the IT folks. Weather couldn't have been better and when the tires were fresh I got a personal best of 1:31.8 and ran some 32s during the race. Really tight racing with both the Cup guys and the ITR guys - I got to mention that John Hainsworth spanked everybody in the IT race on Sunday for the overall win. I won the qual race and regional 944 race on Saturday but had to settle for two seconds on Sunday (third if you count John winning over ITR in his ITS RX7!)

Big Kudos to Darrel and Terry and all the workers keeping the show on track. Great way to finish up the season and some of the 944 Cup guys are now pretty interested in the Pro IT series for next season :-) I'm looking to run the Pro IT championship next season and hope to see a big field of ITR guys!
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

It was my first trip to NJMP, I can't wait to bring the car down next year.
    Also, I have to razz Ben for looking for even more track time on Saturday morning.
    Kyle C
    #69 ITA Honda CRX
    Glen Region Timing & Scoring Chief

It's true I was pretty frazzled with the schedule and jumped into the stl group two sessions early and stole some track time by accident - mucho teasing over that!
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Quote Originally Posted by benspeed View Post
    It's true I was pretty frazzled with the schedule and jumped into the stl group two sessions early and stole some track time by accident - mucho teasing over that!
    Who hasn't done that?