Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jersey Road Racing Classic at NJMP

Default Jersey Road Racing Classic at NJMP

The Northern New Jersey and South Jersey regions will be conducting an NJRRS championship series event at New Jersey Motorsports Park. This event is the Jersey Road Racing Classic (JRRC) regional races on the Thunderbolt course on 20-21 October. Yes, the Thunderbolt course - the JRRC has been moved from Lightning to accommodate the Rally America Rallycross on Lightning.

The season is coming to an end and it is time to get excited for the "Jerk" (keep your mind on the road). The Jersey Road Racing Classic is just around the corner. The JRRC will be season finale for the NJRRS series - NJRRS Points - as well as the last 2012 race in the Northeast Division. One last opportunity to run your car before the winter break / overhaul.

There will be no separate SCCA Test Day for the JRRC.

Online registration is now open at on the DLB site - Select South Jersey Region as the Club to see the event calendar.

Schedule and Supps ... Register ... Entry List

Terry

I'm in!
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

I'm in too!
    Fred Fox
    E36 325iS
    #56 ITR

Ben / Fred

Welcome back guys - we've been missing since the beginning of the year.

See ya at the races

Terry

What happened to the 3 "race" format of previous years? .

Still coming though!
    Wes
    29 ITS

Wes

What happened to the 3 "race" format of previous years? .
    With a modest entry the last two years, we made a decision to host the 944 Cup Nationals at The Jerk. In order to do that we dropped one race ... and made another longer.

Still coming though!
    Great, Ben and Fred are here waiting for you.

Terry

There is still racing on the calendar. Need more?

The Jersey Road Racing Classic is just around the corner. The JRRC will be season finale for the NJRRS series - NJRRS Points - as well as the last 2012 race in the Northeast Division. One last opportunity to run your car before the winter break / overhaul.

The event schedule has a qualifying session followed by two races for each group. Lots of track time, plenty of racing.

Online registration is open at on www.DLBRacing.com - Select South Jersey Region as the Club to see the event calendar.

The Jersey Racing Board and NJMP are supporting COATS FOR KIDS

The Jersey Racing Board and New Jersey Motorsports Park are dedicating the 2012 Jersey Road Racing Classic to support Coats for Kids. We will be collecting new coats with their tags attached for infants through young adults. We will also accept other warm clothing including hats, gloves and scarves. This clothing will be distributed to under privileged youths in the South Jersey area.

Our traditional lunch time drivearounds on Saturday and Sunday will also be used to support Coats for Kids. All cash contributions from the drivearounds will be donated to Coats for Kids. All signed-in participants in street legal cars may participate in our track tours.

Terry

Will any Hoosier dealers be there?
    Kevin Anderson

Smarty should be there. Give him a call.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

The 944 Cup National Championship guys are trying to get me to run but I can't swing the double entry :-(

Who can sponsor me???
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

Looking forward to seeing you all there! I won't be racing, just working.

Quote Originally Posted by benspeed View Post
    The 944 Cup National Championship guys are trying to get me to run but I can't swing the double entry :-(

Who can sponsor me???
    Would if I could Ben!!!
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Hey I feel the same way. Just too steep for both entries. Be good to see you again. Lori is hoping to send along some pixs from the glen. See you Saturday.

Millville Weather Forecast 20-21 October

There some great racing left in 2012

Terry

Good fields. Going to be some good racing.

Also, I see Ben is entered in the 944 Nationals, come on down and support our hero!
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Great people and great weather made for some great racing and a great time.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

A great weekend indeed!

Minus some Sat AM screwups in various groups and a GrandAm style wreck before the first turn in group two's "feature" race, it was a pretty good weekend! I was there for the PCA day as well with my client who ran all weekend in group two and even drove a session to check the car setup and get some data. Paid off, he found two seconds on Saturday!

A side note regarding the group two fiasco... It was another driver with a reputation, but no paper to go with it... He does now, but many cars were hurt that didn't have to be including an old IMSA car with some history.
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

What an awesome weekend! I got to run the 944 cup and had a great time racing with the IT folks. Weather couldn't have been better and when the tires were fresh I got a personal best of 1:31.8 and ran some 32s during the race. Really tight racing with both the Cup guys and the ITR guys - I got to mention that John Hainsworth spanked everybody in the IT race on Sunday for the overall win. I won the qual race and regional 944 race on Saturday but had to settle for two seconds on Sunday (third if you count John winning over ITR in his ITS RX7!)

Big Kudos to Darrel and Terry and all the workers keeping the show on track. Great way to finish up the season and some of the 944 Cup guys are now pretty interested in the Pro IT series for next season :-) I'm looking to run the Pro IT championship next season and hope to see a big field of ITR guys!
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

It was my first trip to NJMP, I can't wait to bring the car down next year.
    Also, I have to razz Ben for looking for even more track time on Saturday morning.
    Kyle C
    #69 ITA Honda CRX
    Glen Region Timing & Scoring Chief

It's true I was pretty frazzled with the schedule and jumped into the stl group two sessions early and stole some track time by accident - mucho teasing over that!
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

Quote Originally Posted by benspeed View Post
    It's true I was pretty frazzled with the schedule and jumped into the stl group two sessions early and stole some track time by accident - mucho teasing over that!
    Who hasn't done that?