Thread: New old IT driver

Default New old IT driver

Hi all- Just wanted to introduce myself to the Northeast group. After being away for about 20 years I've decided to get back into roadracing. I'll be at the drivers school next weekend at The Glen. I'll be in the ITA Ford Focus so stop by and say hi if you're in the neighborhood.

-Jim-

Woohoo! Welcome.

We have an ITA Focus down here in the SEDiv (MIchael Sperber) that is really coming along in development.

Glad to have you back.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Welcome back, Jim! Looking forward to seeing you at the Glen.
    Rob Thiele - BMW 328is ITR
    www.motorsportcollection.com

What year/model Focus Jim? I sold my ITA Focus a few years back. Curious if it might be the same one.
    Dan
    2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 Great Lakes Division ITB Champion

Thanks all for the welcome. Reading about Sperber's Focus on another forum was part of the inspiration for buying this one. It's a 2000 ZX-3, black. Found it out in Cleveland. It was originally an SSC car.
    -Jim B-
    T-4/F-Production Honda Civic Si
    Mohawk-Hudson Region, SCCA

Quote Originally Posted by hdjimbu View Post
    Thanks all for the welcome. Reading about Sperber's Focus on another forum was part of the inspiration for buying this one. It's a 2000 ZX-3, black. Found it out in Cleveland. It was originally an SSC car.
    Cool! That was my very first race car! I sold it to Todd Ayers a few years back and saw he had it up for sale earlier this year. I bought it from a racer in PA back in October-2007, raced it in SSC my rookie season then sold it to Todd in July-2008 (here's the original FS thread: https://improvedtouring.com...ad.php?t=22615).

Enjoy the car!
    Dan

I bought it from Todd a few months ago. Excited to get going in it and do some racing!
    -Jim B-

What did you race 20 years ago? I've been racing in the NEDiv for the past 23 years...maybe I would remember you or your car. We'll be at Watkins next weekend...see you then.
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

Howdy, remember you cannot win a drivers school, just finish, then call me, Todd had started to make some great improvements to dans ssc car. Dan is a wealth of focus knowledge, but please feel free to contact me I would love to assist in showing those imports the oval can run with those miaaaatas.

Jim,
    I will be at the event in the tower. I'll also likely be in the classroom for at least a few minutes. I'll have to make sure that I introduce myself at some point during the event. I'm sure our paths will cross again in the future, as I just started with my ITA car, too.
    Kyle C
    #69 ITA Honda CRX
    Glen Region Timing & Scoring Chief

Ed Funk- I just found some old paperwork. My first driver's school was at Pocono in May, 1989. I had a '83 or '84 VW GTI,back when that car ran in ITA. Had an ITB Rabbit after that. Mostly ran Lime Rock.

Msperber- I think you've answered a few questions for me over at the focaljet forum. I have tons of questions, just didn't want to become a PITA by asking too many.
    -Jim B-

Quote Originally Posted by hdjimbu View Post
    Ed Funk- I just found some old paperwork. My first driver's school was at Pocono in May, 1989. I had a '83 or '84 VW GTI,back when that car ran in ITA. Had an ITB Rabbit after that. Mostly ran Lime Rock.

Msperber- I think you've answered a few questions for me over at the focaljet forum. I have tons of questions, just didn't want to become a PITA by asking too many.
    Jim, Feel free to hit me up with any questions you might have as well (I sent you a PM last week offering the same). Email or call (dan_hardison AT yahoo DOT com / 7 four 0 - five 1 three - nine 4 two 8).
    Dan