Thread: 2012 ARRC by GRM Info, Nov 1-4

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So I click on live timing and get formula cars - 14 cars in 7 classes.

Please, in the name of all that is holy, make it stop.

K

Default Arrc comments

It's done, it's over, my Enduro Co-Driver wanted to do the ARRC Race this year so he did!! Started 3d and finished 4th.........after running laps 2 thru 20 with only the Hand Brake (Glad we left it on the car). Right front steel braided brake line chaffed thru and he blew it out when he "smoked the Tires" avoiding Michael Alexander's crash at turn 2. Driver claims to have missed Alexander by the thickness of the HOOSER Sticker on the front bumper, then discovered no brakes at turn 3, drove the rest of the race on Handbrake and Gearbox!!! A tip of the Hatand a real ATTABOY to my co-driver, Ken Stegall.
    Sunday's ARRC 3Hour Enduro started in a "Light Drizzle as the cars left the grid, but the weather radar showed the rain passing thru quickly (yeah in about 40 minutes) so we started the race on Hooser Dry tires, and my co-driver worked his way up to 11th overall by the end of lap 6.
    by-the-way, we were running my '84 Honda Civic and when the dust settled at the end of three hours we finished 13th Overall, ahead of 2 ITS Cars, 3 ITX cars, an ITR and a Spec Miata.
    Will try to download video of the first few laps later.
    JOHN E. FINE
    2012 SEDIV ITC ECR CHAMPION
    2011 SEDIV ITC ECR CHAMPION
    2010 SEDIV ITC ECR CHAMPION

We ran the enduro in my IT7 car, we had transmission issues, had to drive one handed keeping it in gear, fumbling for gears, etc. We finished though so we were happy, lots of fun!

Simon, fun, wasn't it, especially the first hour in the dampness
    JOHN E. FINE
    2012 SEDIV ITC ECR CHAMPION
    2011 SEDIV ITC ECR CHAMPION
    2010 SEDIV ITC ECR CHAMPION

Quote Originally Posted by ITC69 View Post
    Simon, fun, wasn't it, especially the first hour in the dampness
    My co-driver started the race since he was paying, we actually started on full tread RA1s so I don't think it was too bad.

Default Thanks for Attending the ARRC by GRM

On behalf of the Atlanta Region, thanks for making the ARRC by GRM successful. I wanted to introduce myself as the new Competition Director for the Atlanta Region taking over for Butch while he goes dragon slaying at National. I plan on monitoring Improved Touring as well as most of the other boards to make sure the region puts on the kind of events that you all want. Please let me know how we can make the events better for you. I look forward to hearing from you.