Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This could save your life... Hans issue I had...

Re the sliding tethers - when I think about the situation when a HANS is working, in a hard impact, I like the thought of the fixed tethers "lining" my head up square with my shoulders.

That said, I spent a bunch of time bothering a Vee driver at the runoffs about the hybrid that he was using, and have tried in a dfender/nexgen, and do not plan to buy a HANS to replace my ISAAC.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Love my hybrid although I have not had to opportunity to really test it (and hope I never do).

As a word of advice, make sure that you plan enough time before you go to the track to have someone assist you adjust all four of the tethers to maximize the effectiveness of the harness. You can practice your emergency egress at the same time.
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SMac92 View Post
    The only hang-up I have with my DeFnder is on the belts, which I just need to flip out of my way first.
    The issues I've had with my DeFnder have been:
    1. Belts: the adjusters hang up under the "arms" of the DeFnder that go down my chest.
    2. There's a shallow hook on the DeFnder that keeps the shoulder belt from sliding off. I've had this hook hang up on a center net.
    3. the sheer bulk of the helmet/DefNder combination barely fitting at all through the available window opening. (Miata)

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    There's simply no way to anticipate and tape up all of the potential snags with that deal. I'm just thankful that you weren't on fire when it happened, Stephen. It's just too horrible to think about.

K
    This.