Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Turbo's sweep STU....

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    So a top-shelf EP build is somehow less expensive than an equal STU build...?

Not convinced.

K
    It's the same cost, as most of the parts and assembly techniques are the same. What's different is that for a naturally asperated motor of the same HP potential and less torque will weights 200lbs more than a forced induction motor. Two years in a row the gap between the turbo race and the N/A race was 2 seconds per lap. I don't see that changing with any of the implemented changes.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Quote Originally Posted by Z3_GoCar View Post
    It's the same cost, as most of the parts and assembly techniques are the same. What's different is that for a naturally asperated motor of the same HP potential and less torque will weights 200lbs more than a forced induction motor. Two years in a row the gap between the turbo race and the N/A race was 2 seconds per lap. I don't see that changing with any of the implemented changes.
    AMEN!

I for one have been chatting with the fine folks at NASA, and they seem to at least have a clue as to how to make the parity work. Hate to go run with brand X, but damn, if you can't get stuff fixed, and with all the trouble the club is having with lack of leadership, and lack of direction, it may be time to look that way