Thread: Porsche 928GT in ITA?

Default Porsche 928GT in ITA?

I'm new at this so bear with me. I can't find a classing for the 928 in the GCR IT section. Does that mean it defaults to ITA?
    SEDiv CCR
    ITA92 Miata
    Matthew 19:26

Quote Originally Posted by Mseiler View Post
    I'm new at this so bear with me. I can't find a classing for the 928 in the GCR IT section. Does that mean it defaults to ITA?
    No. Cars have to be specifically classified to be eligible for Improved Touring.

IIRC, the GT variant was the 5L with about 300 hp? It is likely too much engine to be classified in IT. You *might* be able to talk the CRB into letting the eariler 4.5 (~220hp?) into ITR or *maybe* the earlier 2-valve 4.7 (235hp?), but the later 4-valve engines put out too much (4.7 4-valve was over 275).

GA

Early 928s should fit into ITR with no problem. Write in and have it classed.

It's not my car. Someone has registered for the Chasing the Dragon Hill Climb in ITA with one. Now, where to put it...

Unless a twin-engine Miata will also be in ITA...
    Last edited by Mseiler; 09-09-2012 at 08:13 PM.
    SEDiv CCR
    ITA92 Miata

STO?
    Or it might fit in a Solo class if you're using them...

Classes from the event flyer:

AS, ASR, GT1, GT2, GT3, SPO, SPU, T1, T2, Spec Miata, Stock Cars, Specials, Vintage, All Showroom Stock, Spec Miata, BP, DP, EP, FP, GP, HP, All Street Prepared, All Improved Touring, Street Modified, CS2, CSR, DSR, S2, SRF, GTL, CF, CFC, CF , FA, FC, FF, FM, FS, FV, F500 and RALLY (must conform to Rally America 2011 rules).

I think it's pretty much SPO or nothing, unless it's listed in a Street Prepared class (which is a Solo I rule set, not road racing, so I don't know much about it anymore).

K

Do you have ITE locally?
    ITE here means "Everything goes, long as it meets at least IT safety standards"
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

We're working on getting him classed. We don't generally have any ITE cars but, it could be a first.

Also, anyone want to do a hill climb this is a good one. Over 2 miles of winding western North Carolina asphalt. Near the Tail of the Dragon and the town of Robbinsville, NC is fully behind the event. For all the details: http://www.ccrscca.com/2012/08/03/ch...iii-hillclimb/

This fall should be the best one ever.
    SEDiv CCR
    ITA92 Miata

Looking @ the results there seems to be ITO or ITE something. STO maybe. Look pretty open for cars. The class with the Spec E 30 would be close. IMHO. If it is a full on race car try STO.
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/