Thread: WGI this coming weekend

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    (glad to be only moderately hurt,
    Oh jeez, I kind of assumed you were unscathed, since nothing was said about it. And here I am, asking about the car...

Sorry.

May I ask what injuries there were?

And may we assume the HNR saved your life?
    Matt Green

ITAC Member- 2012-??
    Tire Shaver at TreadZone- www.treadzone.com
    #96 Dodge Shelby Charger ITB- Mine, mine, all mine!
    I was around when they actually improved Improved Touring! (and now I'm trying not to mess it up!)

My ribs got banged up, similar to past mishaps karting and skiing, and I didn't "Danica" so I managed to get a finger tangled up in the steering wheel and sprained. All things considered, a pretty acceptable outcome in that regard.

The initial impact nose-first into the wall wasn't a particularly hard lick, I don't think, but on the H&N question, I am *VERY* glad that I didn't need to worry about it coming out from under the belts like Greg Amy had happen with the Hans at the same track a couple years back. I was in three substantial crashes over the course of the incident.

...and I really dread to think what would have happened if I'd been in a lousy seat. I rented a Miata for the 13 hours a couple years ago that was AOK mechanically but had a Kirkey seat that didn't fit me worth a damn. If I'd been in the same kind of t-bone hit with that seat, I'd have been much worse off. Thank you, Recaro.

K

What H&NR were you wearing out of curosity?

Every time I look at those pictures it hurts. Been there and know how much it sucks.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing