Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IT National Tour Points

I agree.

I am trying to plan next year's schedule knowing I can probably only afford 3 races, 4 at most, while trying to have some goals. At 4 events, divisionals are probably out of the question. ITA NARRC championships have been won by getting 3rd or better at almost every single event. So, contending for NARRC again in 2014 is out of the question as well. That leaves contending in STL within Majors eastern conference races, have fun, try new tracks out and hopefully get some contingency from HPD, Hoosier, etc OR contend in ITNT within the 4 race budget, similar advantages... have fun and try new tracks out.

Too bad ARRC was lightly attended. I blame tGA for bringing the ST forums on it.com. Just sayin'.
    Last edited by mossaidis; 11-21-2013 at 11:51 PM.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

There's some truth to the STL poke. Some of us have been talking about it and are thinking that (for various reasons) more than a few of the more serious MW/East IT drivers have self-selected out of the category in the past few years to pursue other classes. That, plus a continued weak "racing consumer confidence" has cut into the number willing to travel to chase a points title - even if in the case of the ITNT simply attending lots of races is *not* a recipe for success.

Look at Mark Domo in R. He won the ARRC but got beat by drivers who did LESS well in BETTER attended qualifying Regionals. Many top finishers across the classes would have cleaned up if they'd done reasonably well in ONE Elective race in addition to the premier event they did - or vice-versa, run the Fest or ARRC in addition to their Electives - but didn't do both...

It's just not emblematic of a recipe that is attractive to IT drivers at this point.

K

EDIT - To be fair, we also didn't have a few key drivers (myself included) who the previous year were out at events promoting the series, distributing stickers, etc. That's hurt the idea, no question.
    Last edited by Knestis; 11-22-2013 at 08:26 AM.

Mickey, I can only afford a few races myself. Next year instead of spending money on traveling I am thinking of sticking local and reaching in more races for the same money... hopefully doing all the nerrc races in 14!

Are using street tires? Camping out? Changing fluids every 4 weekends instead of 1-2 weekend?
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

I would love to do street tires but it's hard to get away from the purple crack! Fluids... just oil and diff fluids every 4hrs. However it also eats a 1/2 a qrt every 1hr! Transmission and coolant ever 5 weekends.

Coming from nh with an rv makes the cost to get to the track a big expense. Yes we do camp (rv) but even that adds up. Lucky for me my wife doesn't "think" the registration and rv maintenance is part of racing... yet!

I guess it will also depends on the entry fees as well. I really liked the idea of the ITNT but work gets in the way of the ARRC which is a big part of the purpose of it. Maybe I'd look at it differently if I lived further south.