Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For those who run STU, How much would you pay...

$55k PER DAY?
    Yeah, they can shove it.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

BTW, That is per day about what we gave TWS for the season.

And thanks to some of the REs and Race Chairs from the regions hosting races at other "premium" tracks sending us their info on rates track management has moderated some on the cost. We are almost to the point are being able to make it work which is what prompted the question, What are you willing to pay to be the first to race on the new track. Remember every fast lap will be a track record and every class winner will be the be forever etched in the record books as the FIRST.
    Jerry

Lone Star Regional Executive
    Lone Star Tech Chief.

Quote Originally Posted by jhooten View Post
    Remember every fast lap will be a track record and every class winner will be the be forever etched in the record books as the FIRST.
    I set the "FIRST" Showroom Stock A lap record at Heartland Park Topeka.

I don't think it was worth $55,000 per day.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    I suspect that being in Central Texas, there's only going to be so much demand for that track over time. Right now it's new and it's the F1 circuit. A few years down the line it'll just be the F1 circuit. I suspect the rental costs will eventually trend down...

GA
    Iowa Speedway, "Designed by Rusty Wallace" is finally trending toward sane for their rental costs. First-blush, first-year costs were NOT sane....
    -----------------------
    Jarrod Igou
    ITR/STU BMW 325i, #92
    Des Moines Valley Region

So to turn the question around, with an entry count that's reasonable for that area, what would the entry fee be for COTA? How many cars do you usually get for a Double National weekend?
    EP 1990 Mazda RX-7 (used to be STU until the turbo cars scared me away, and STL rotary cars require too much ballast)
    ITS/T4 2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    .... Let it go, and let's see if it comes back to you. - GA
    And how does that second line go?? "If it doesn't come back to you, then hunt it down and kill it!" ?
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Chaos View Post
    So to turn the question around, with an entry count that's reasonable for that area, what would the entry fee be for COTA? How many cars do you usually get for a Double National weekend?
    5 years ago 200
    2-3 years ago 160
    Last couple years 120, Granted for this years super tour we had 160 and 40 chickened out because of a little rain. The water was only 3 feet deep in the tunnel to get into the paddock.

The entry fee for the March 3 day double national is $475 with the track test day on Thursday an additional $250 if you run it.

Won't know the entry fee until the contract with COTA is signed with the final rental etched in stone. I'm retired now so I have a vested self interest in keeping the entry fee as low as possible.

I am hoping to have it all ironed out and be able to announce the race location by the middle of November.
    Jerry

Lone Star Regional Executive
    Lone Star Tech Chief.