Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NEOHIO'S "Son of Spook-tacular" Quad Regional October 20-21, 2012

Any room on someone's crew list for 2? Amanda and I had our wedding two weeks ago and haven't made a race this year.

Hoping to see Saturday's festivities. The Pursuit Race should be great!

Quote Originally Posted by ribbie78 View Post
    Any room on someone's crew list for 2? Amanda and I had our wedding two weeks ago and haven't made a race this year.

Hoping to see Saturday's festivities. The Pursuit Race should be great!
    Give me your first and last names and I can put you on mine
    Greg Vandersluis
    #4 1990 Honda Civic Si
    #97 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
    #93 2006 Ford Mustang
    Carbotech/BFGoodrich/Vandersluis Motorsports
    2010 Great Lakes Division ITA Champion
    2012 Great Lakes Division T1 Champion

Weather forcast for this weekend:

Today: (test day) Mostly cloudy with some sun. High: 61. Chance of rain 20%

Saturday: Cloudy with showers. High: 51. Chance of rain 50%

Sunday: Partly cloudy. High: 57. Chance of rain 10%
    Greg Vandersluis
    #4 1990 Honda Civic Si
    #93 2006 Ford Mustang

Thanks!

I'll try to get some good action shots for you guys

Quote Originally Posted by ITA_honda View Post
    Weather forcast for this weekend:

Today: (test day) Mostly cloudy with some sun. High: 61. Chance of rain 20%

Saturday: Cloudy with showers. High: 51. Chance of rain 50%

Sunday: Partly cloudy. High: 57. Chance of rain 10%
    Saturday was miserable weather but great fun.

Morning race: Rain.
    Late morning race: Wet with a drying track.
    Pursuit race: Started in the rain then drying track. That was big fun. ITC cars finished 2nd, 6th, 7th, 8th.

I have some pretty good video of me bumping Bill and we both spin in the exit of the carousel. And great video of Garrett hammering bill off at the entrance of oak tree.

It is supposed to be dry and clear today.
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

Let's see that video!

We had to leave before the pursuit race, but watched that and today's races on Race Monitor (Gotta get that app! Live timing and scoring for $5!) You guys were throwing down some impressive lap times today.

Which car was Garrett? He didn't run Saturday did he?

Thanks to all the drivers that came out and made the NEOHIO SCCA Spooktacular a success! Saturday's weather was something to be desired but Sunday made up for it. LOTS of close racing in all groups and fun was had by all. Hope to see you guys next year for the 2013 Spooktacular! As always if you had any concerns with the race weekend please contact me. Email: [email protected]
    Greg Vandersluis
    #4 1990 Honda Civic Si
    #93 2006 Ford Mustang

Sorry for this being long

I thought that I would make a report as to how my weekend went at Neohio Region SCCA Son of Spook-tacular Quad Regional race. Friday night started at McB Autosport to load the racecar in the trailer, off to Nelson Ledges Road Course. Arrived at track did registration went to the McB normal paddock area ,set up the trailer, loaded stuff in my dad’s truck off to tech, after tech went and got dinner then to hotel for the night. Saturday morning started early, got to track unloaded the car did a quick prep. Went up to Tech shed to look at the grid sheet for the race. Was very surprised to find out that I was on Pole Position (Neohio set grid based on track record and when you signed up) there was 4 cars in class. Had time before first race walked over to Station 3 to watch a little of group 1 and group1-SM the track was wet but starting to get better, decided that dry tires where the way to go since there was no rain and track was just damp, with less than 5 minutes on the grid it started to rain (90% of the grid was on dry tires). Race started with 2 pace laps, we got the Green, P2 car pulled ahead then I re-passed going into Oaktree, Mark Connolly passed me in his STU Mini Cooper going on to the back straight, Finished the race P5 overall P1 in class. Best lap of 1:45.941 in the rain on dry tires. Race two was gridded based on fast lap from race 1 started P7 overall P1 in class, finished the race in P11 overall P1 in class. With a best lap of 1:22.234. Race 3 grid was based on fast lap from race 2, started P8 overall P1 in class, had an extra pace lap, a car quit running, got the green, on lap 4 had a full course caution for a two car incident, had a bad restart lost two positions, gained them back in the closing laps of the race, finished P8 overall P1 in class. Had a best lap of 1:21.489. Race 4 grid was based on fast lap from race 3 started P11 overall P1 in class got the green made pass for P10 on lap 4 made pass for P9 on lap 17 finished race P8 overall P1 in class. Had a best lap of 1:21.655.
    With the four wins with more than one car in class also got the Clean Sweep trophy to add to the awards kitty from the weekend
    AJ Anselm
    BMW 318 E prod

Competition Chair for Steel Cities
    stcscca.com