Thread: Roll bar padding

Default Roll bar padding

This stuff adds up fast,, especially when you are doing 2-3 cars... Where is evryone ordering from to get the best deal???

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

eBAY; trade shows.

Quote Originally Posted by joeg View Post
    eBAY; trade shows.
    This eBay stuff is not SFI-certified. That's not required for SCCA, but just ensure you're not buying the "cheap" stuff.

GA, who ain't correlating "safe" with "SFI", just ensure it's safe.

pretty common price is $20-25 a stick + shipping OR get it from your local shop. when shipping, get more than you need and save money in the long run.

Drag and circle guys use it too, so most of the shops you normally get no use out of should stock it. make sure what you get is the high density foam and 1" thick if you are putting it by your head. SFI 45.1 stamped is the right stuff and easy to spot, but it's not required to be SFI labeled. insert comments about SFI here.

What they said. In TX, there's lots of roundy-round places, so competition is up and prices are good on things like safety equipment.. I'll go to the circle track places to try on seats and helmets and such, and you support your local economy that way too.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

Last time I bought it the local circle track guy had three choices.
    Soft foam around $4.00 a stick
    Hi density around $8.00 a stick
    Hi density with sfi sticker $11 a stick
    I use the soft crap down low and the non SFI good stuff anywhere above my armpits.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Do NOT go cheap around your head with the foam stuff! you'll need it when you least expect it!

Dick, what shop did you get it from? Those are great prices.

stephen
    Last edited by Greg Amy; 08-30-2012 at 11:54 AM. Reason: GA edited Stephen's post to add "not" for what I *think* he meant...

I bought them from a roundy round shop in Enfield Ct but that was a maybe 5 years ago when I built the last car. I would not guarantee my memory of specific price but that was the range.
    I think the name was Reliable. The main point was they had the same stuff with or without a sfi sticker and SCCA does not require one.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Greg and Dick--You realize, of course that the $3.00 difference between SFI and Non-SFI is the sticker.

I do not consider soft padding "Roll Cage padding". It's the stuff they make kid toy battering rams out of.

You can get the correct stuff on eBay.

Thanks for the recomendations, I ended up going to HMS in peobody MA... Had never been som I wanted to check the place out. If you are from the area it is a GREAT place to go and check stuff out. They have displays with a ton of products from seats, helmets, belts to 5-6 different roll bar padding options! I had no-idea how many roll bar padding "shape" options existed...

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com