Thread: SEDiv Driver Review Panel -- Chuck Hines (ITS and IT7)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Jeff

Check your GCR. Renumbered as 2.5
    Yep, you are correct. I thought that I had checked the most recent version online but I must have suffered cursor-lag.

Terry

Not a great fan of continuously evolving rule books

BTW.....the accused responded last night on the "other forum"......LOL. He receives points on his logbook already for bad punctuation amd elocution.

Follow the process. Document & verify.

Had a "problem child" (actually a problem senior citizen) in mixed class racing a few years ago. Prod guy, continually making messes involving SRF guys. I witnessed a few...I got an SRF race win due to one BIG one (Prod guy took out 3 SRF leaders as they lapped him on 3rd lap). Nice enough guy...just s-l-o-w and clueless. Would attempt to "get out of the way" of cars that were closing at +40-50mph speeds, when there was no way for them to react. Happened at multiple tracks.

Protests seemed to fail (lack of stewardly gumption, IMO). IIRC, an Exec Steward's Review was commenced and the driver was suspended, but on appeal the COA reversed and gave him his license back, as there was, other than "bitching afterwards". Whole process had to start over again. Prod guy finally retired. Problem solved (sort of...), but many cars & car parts in the dumpster.

There are some officials who don't want to deal with these sorts of problems...they just want to make the paperwork "go away" (poof !). Keep pushing...you have a right to have your protests addressed. Even if they won't admit it, there probably exists in each division a short little list of regular offenders. Offenders only get there if other racers raise their hands and bitch.

In the words of Ko-Ko, the Lord High Executioner:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NLV24qTnlg[/ame]

It's not pleasant to put drivers on probation or suspension. I've been yelled-at and denounced as an idiot for that. Good thing that I don't have to offer a counter-argument for that...but it's not something that I relish going into a weekend.

Hell...I've done stupid stuff in a race car too. I think I've learned from each episode.

JRW
    SCCA steward, racer and other unmentionable stuff.

(Feel free to cut & paste this over on RR-AX board, as I don't have an account there ...that I recall...everything before breakfast today is kinda fuzzy).
    Last edited by JohnRW; 08-23-2012 at 10:45 AM.

I've been staying out of the Brown Board discussion, but frankly this is a healthy topic that needs to be put on the table. We've all experienced iffy drivers. My last race I got a punt in the RR, driving the outside of the Keyhole AFTER giving this particular SRF a point by. I saw him get loose in my right mirror, over correct and drive right into me. The video is up on my YouTube account. When I went to discuss it after the race, Mr. Rent-a-Wreck was full denial and revisionist history. That seems to be a common M.O. when someone takes the inside and does a dumb thing.
    Rob Foley
    Race: ITB '87 CRX Si
    Autocross: GP '86 Civic Si