I had a great weekend. Saturday’s race was intense even leading a couple of laps as Jay said. Got shuffled to third and then the rain. Turned in at one and there was grip and then none. Missed the wall and only ruined a tire. Jay spun as I reentered and could not restart. Do I get worker points for stopping on the cool off lap and push starting him so the workers could drink beer sooner.
The Saturday night hurricane part was great. I threw the last drunk out of my trailer just before Midnight. Again the Sunday morning race was a knife fight ending up third and only got hit buy one Miata. At least it was the same spot the Miata hit me Memorial Day.
In the last feature race Sunday Dan took off and I was comfortable in second but Drew spent the first half of the race running me down. This ended with about 8 lap of the best friggin racing I have ever had. Side by side lap after lap, multiple lead changes and amazing close racing without the slightest contact, and god knows, there was plenty of opportunity on both side.
I was thinking with about two to go I really did not care which of us came out on top this was so much fun. It is luck that the flag came out with me ahead. I am thrilled Drew has seen the light and joined the class.