Thread: NJMP Double Regional NARRC

Default NJMP Double Regional NARRC

While I have raced Lightning a few times, this was my first time at Thunderbolt, and it was FanTasTic!
    I am sure that after a few more times around I will grow the cahones to stay flat out through the blind
    exit of turn 2, but I'm not sure I will ever figure out how to slow down enough in the devil/octopus or
    whatever it is called... and so far I have a couple of inside front tires flatspotted to cords to prove my incompetency.

John Hainsworth dominated both ITS races, running right up front with the ITR leaders Rob Nimkoff,
    Doc Breault, and Jay Baier...Congrats John!

I met Tom Smith, a real nice guy, who was driving Jeff Henderson's incredibly prepped Autotechnic E46
    instead of Tom's more nimble FC ride... I couldn't keep up with him but I tried and tried

The TIGHT (and FUNNNNN!) racing for me was between me, Tim Estes, and Jim Schlecta (who purchased
    Matt Miskoe's #41 Nissan 300zx)... Best times in Sunday's race for the three of us were
    1:35.420, 1:35.401, and 1:35.499 respectively, and we ran much of that race within a car's
    length of each other... what a great time! (until I spun overdriving to try to catch Tim back at minute 21)

Missing a shift point allowed Tim to get by me, and my spinning (and stalling) prevented me from catching
    and passing him back... which foiled my efforts to clinch the ITS NARRC ... so now it depends on Limerock!

Here are both races... cycle the HD off if your connection or hardware causes jumpy video:

http://www.vimeo.com/lawtonglenn

Thanks again to the volunteers and organizers, and of course to the other competitors.... now if
    I can only figure out how to get through or around NYC on a Friday afternoon in less than a
    bazzilion hours ....
    Last edited by lawtonglenn; 08-20-2012 at 11:23 PM.

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

Great video as usual. Great racing too. Wish I was out there getting lapped!

So ... to avoid NYC. if you are coming to NJMP from New England please don't go through NYC.

Come down 95 in Connecticut
    87 in NY to Tappan Zee Bridge
    or
    Come down 84 in Connecticut
    84 in NY across Newburgh/Beacon Bridge

NYS Thruway to 287 in NJ

Get on 287 South in Mahwah NJ
    Take 287 to 202/206 in Somerville
    Take 202 to Flemington
    Take 202/31 south out of Flemington to East Amwell
    Exit 202/31 to get on 31 south
    Take 31 south to 95 north in Pennington (by Trenton)
    95 north becomes 295 south (yes, we are in New Jersey)
    Take 295 to the 76 / 42 junction
    Take 42 south less than a mile.
    Take 55 south to Millville

Take a look on Mapquest, it is out of the way but no tolls and I have not hit traffic yet. When I towed from Dover I went this way. 202/31 is the only minor road, all others are major.

No tolls in NJ. No Turnpike. No NYC.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

^+++++1
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

We came home that way Sun pm, very smooth....except for 2 blown trailer tires...first was no problem, 2nd left us in Parsippany at 10pm with no spare! Parked the trailer in a tow company's lot and came home. Steph went to get it yesterday...9 hour round trip...Iron Woman!

We got home 2:30 am yesterday, she went to work for 6 hours and then left here at 2 pm.

Tow company charged $310 for two 10 ply Goodyear trailer tires...even tho they could have ripped us off, they didn't!
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

95 to 287.

And you can take 84 to 684 to 287 to skip thruway and 84 jog north

Other back ways in NJ but that is the fastest if traveling during the day.
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Great video Glenn! Always enjoy watching the great quality in the film and the driving!
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Thanks for the route suggestion. Our Trip down and back on the Turnpike was horrific and I promised myself if I ever saw another motorist from NJ it would be way too soon.

We might just give it another try this year, hopefully it is an easier drive.

Phil 38 SM/2