Thread: NJMP Double Regional NARRC

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default NJMP Double Regional NARRC

While I have raced Lightning a few times, this was my first time at Thunderbolt, and it was FanTasTic!
    I am sure that after a few more times around I will grow the cahones to stay flat out through the blind
    exit of turn 2, but I'm not sure I will ever figure out how to slow down enough in the devil/octopus or
    whatever it is called... and so far I have a couple of inside front tires flatspotted to cords to prove my incompetency.

John Hainsworth dominated both ITS races, running right up front with the ITR leaders Rob Nimkoff,
    Doc Breault, and Jay Baier...Congrats John!

I met Tom Smith, a real nice guy, who was driving Jeff Henderson's incredibly prepped Autotechnic E46
    instead of Tom's more nimble FC ride... I couldn't keep up with him but I tried and tried

The TIGHT (and FUNNNNN!) racing for me was between me, Tim Estes, and Jim Schlecta (who purchased
    Matt Miskoe's #41 Nissan 300zx)... Best times in Sunday's race for the three of us were
    1:35.420, 1:35.401, and 1:35.499 respectively, and we ran much of that race within a car's
    length of each other... what a great time! (until I spun overdriving to try to catch Tim back at minute 21)

Missing a shift point allowed Tim to get by me, and my spinning (and stalling) prevented me from catching
    and passing him back... which foiled my efforts to clinch the ITS NARRC ... so now it depends on Limerock!

Here are both races... cycle the HD off if your connection or hardware causes jumpy video:

http://www.vimeo.com/lawtonglenn

Thanks again to the volunteers and organizers, and of course to the other competitors.... now if
    I can only figure out how to get through or around NYC on a Friday afternoon in less than a
    bazzilion hours ....
    Last edited by lawtonglenn; 08-20-2012 at 11:23 PM.

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010