Thread: Koni Race Shocks - Where to buy?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Koni Race Shocks - Where to buy?

I am looking to purchase Koni Race Shocks and am having a hard time finding a online vendor that has them. Anyone have a good source for purchasing these? Specifically looking for Koni 8041-1153 Race Shocks rear shocks for a Honda CRX Si.

Any advice would be great!

-Sean

So you're running an 89-90 CRX. Much easier to find those than for the '88.

My suggestion would be to visit LTB Motorsports, run by Louis Boustani, a former ITA CRX driver. Great customer service and very fast shipping.

http://ltbautosports.com/kororaaush1.html
    Gregg Ginsberg
    '96 Civic EX -- MARRS ITA #72
    WDCR-SCCA Rookie of the Year 2003
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

Contact Lee Grimes. He was racing/renting the black ITA CRX in your group at the ITFest and knows all things KONI.

http://www.100-speed.com/contact.html
    Dan
    2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 Great Lakes Division ITB Champion

PS, make sure that you know what rear shocks you need. As I recall, the '88 CRX's had a stamped steel rear lower arm and a eye on the bottom of the arm. The 89 - 91 had a cast iron lower rear A arms. Which arms do you have?

People often swapped arms to work with the shocks they could get. Your car has been around the block enough that it may not have the right original arms, check carefully b4 ordering.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Roth View Post
    PS, make sure that you know what rear shocks you need. As I recall, the '88 CRX's had a stamped steel rear lower arm and a eye on the bottom of the arm. The 89 - 91 had a cast iron lower rear A arms. Which arms do you have?

People often swapped arms to work with the shocks they could get. Your car has been around the block enough that it may not have the right original arms, check carefully b4 ordering.
    Good advice! I have the cast iron lower A arms that came with the 89-91 CRX Si's.

I contacted Summit Racing as well and they can special order them for me for $267 per shock. There is another site I used in the past called THmotorsports that still has the best price at around $240 before discounts. Everything I ordered from them before was what it said it was but since they are not a main stream it is a little unnerving.

I got mine recently from THMotorsports.