Thread: Koni Race Shocks - Where to buy?

Default Koni Race Shocks - Where to buy?

I am looking to purchase Koni Race Shocks and am having a hard time finding a online vendor that has them. Anyone have a good source for purchasing these? Specifically looking for Koni 8041-1153 Race Shocks rear shocks for a Honda CRX Si.

Any advice would be great!

-Sean

So you're running an 89-90 CRX. Much easier to find those than for the '88.

My suggestion would be to visit LTB Motorsports, run by Louis Boustani, a former ITA CRX driver. Great customer service and very fast shipping.

http://ltbautosports.com/kororaaush1.html
    Gregg Ginsberg
    '96 Civic EX -- MARRS ITA #72
    WDCR-SCCA Rookie of the Year 2003
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

Contact Lee Grimes. He was racing/renting the black ITA CRX in your group at the ITFest and knows all things KONI.

http://www.100-speed.com/contact.html
    Dan
    2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 Great Lakes Division ITB Champion

PS, make sure that you know what rear shocks you need. As I recall, the '88 CRX's had a stamped steel rear lower arm and a eye on the bottom of the arm. The 89 - 91 had a cast iron lower rear A arms. Which arms do you have?

People often swapped arms to work with the shocks they could get. Your car has been around the block enough that it may not have the right original arms, check carefully b4 ordering.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Roth View Post
    PS, make sure that you know what rear shocks you need. As I recall, the '88 CRX's had a stamped steel rear lower arm and a eye on the bottom of the arm. The 89 - 91 had a cast iron lower rear A arms. Which arms do you have?

People often swapped arms to work with the shocks they could get. Your car has been around the block enough that it may not have the right original arms, check carefully b4 ordering.
    Good advice! I have the cast iron lower A arms that came with the 89-91 CRX Si's.

I contacted Summit Racing as well and they can special order them for me for $267 per shock. There is another site I used in the past called THmotorsports that still has the best price at around $240 before discounts. Everything I ordered from them before was what it said it was but since they are not a main stream it is a little unnerving.

I got mine recently from THMotorsports.

nick g at TH motorsports is a friend of mine and works hard Imo..... They are big Midwest supporters of local events like ours (wmhm.org) and are racers themselves

Thanks for the comments about THmotorsports! I feel more comfortable now knowing that some other people have used them as well.

Bumping.

I just need the metal sleeves that go through the shock bushings, that in turn the shock shaft goes through. The ones on the car are for the smaller shaft dia Bilsteins, I have two for the Konis but need another two. Anyone have an East Coast source for this?

You can order these directly from Koni and they're very inexpensive.

See page 31 of this catalog for part numbers:
    http://www.koni-na.com/pdf/KONI_Motorsports_2008.pdf

Best to contact Lee Grimes @ Koni.
    (859) 586-4100 ext three one six
    Gregg Ginsberg
    '96 Civic EX -- MARRS ITA #72
    WDCR-SCCA Rookie of the Year 2003
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

Bingo ^^^

Lee is the man.
    Christian in FL | Something white with Honda on the valve cover...
    FASTtech Limited- DL1, Schroth, & Recaro Goodness
    LTB Motorsports- The Cheapest Place for Momo
    TrackSpeed Motorsports- OMP, Racetech, & Driver Gear

So to throw in something from my experience - My car that had good springs but needed new front shocks. I had no coil overs on the front though to move over to the Koni's. Called up a few places and with little luck I could not find just two coil overs for a car. Being on a budget for my first season after buying the car I was not looking forward to $300 for a set of four coil overs with springs I didn't need.

Along comes Skunk2 racing. Skunk2 sells a full kit with four coil over sleeves and four springs. They also sell as "replacement" parts coil over sleeves, locking rings, and the Koni shock mount ring. Bought the front coil overs for $100 shipped with the Koni ring adapter and locking rings for the towers. They are nice aluminum pieces and work well.

Note the spacer to mount them is just an o-ring and left the coil over kind of sloppy on the shock when not loaded (in the air). To resolve this we drilled out a piece of aluminum rod and turned down the OD to fit inside the coil over. Not everyone has access to a full size machining lathe but something to think about.

I have heard good things from Redshift motorsports...

Quote Originally Posted by Xian View Post
    Bingo ^^^

Lee is the man.
    Call Lee.
    Chris Raffaelli
    NER 24FP