Quote Originally Posted by RSTPerformance View Post
...spent a lot if time in Race Medical... Lots of visitors but nomreal injuries.
We had more than a few cars dropped off in Tech this weekend...just a little bit of this and that. The boys in Bellingham are gonna be busy this week...

Anyone know how much money we raised? I know Jerry had an interesting Saturday night!
So we're all drinking beer at the worker party (a keg of BBC Pale Ale, good choice), mingling and such, with the RAL auction/raffle going on in the background. Nick is doing an entertaining job a auctioneer, with Bettencourt as his Vanna White. I'm not really paying attention to the details (I didn't buy a raffle ticket) but I notice the level of intensity was suddenly growing...we turned to see what was going on and found out that someone had apparently started an ad hoc auction, with the winner being able to shave off Jerry Rigoli's beard.

Background. Jerry has been growing a goatee this year, and it was getting pretty long. I'd say he got that thing to a good 4-5 inches off the chin, and it was not uncommon to see him stroking that thing like he would a cat...

But anyway, when I started paying attention the auction had gotten to around $200 or so, and there didn't seem to be any letting off. $250, $300, $350, $400 and growing. Soon it changed from a single-person-winner auction to just the crowd throwing money into the pot; I lost track of who was tossing down the coin - or who would get the honors - but it kept growing. $500, $600, $700, $800!!!! All the while, Jerry is looking around at the crowd with this confused "hey, how did I get involved in this??" look on his face...

Next morning, Jerry was walking around the paddock goatee-less, with an amused chagrined look on his face. As in someone that lost a limb, you could see him reaching up reflexively to stroke his now-missing hair appendage...

Final result?

$1600. One thousand, six hundred dollars to RAL.

He said it was worth it.

Start growing that thing again, friend; we'll see you again next summer.