Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RAL at NHMS?

Default RAL at NHMS?

Well? Anyone go to this? How was it? Anyone have results?
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

STEPH...I was there crewing for a F500 guy so only have the F500/Gee resutsl.today(Sunday) 3 spec FURDSs got into each other in front of the grand stand and they had to throw the red flag! I don't believe anyone was injured but they were all rental FURDS from Motive!

F500/VEEs were run GRP 6 and at 4 pm we had a wicked tstorm with bib's wins and rain.I left at 4:45pm and the still had 3 run groups left still to go.
    Last edited by BruceG; 08-06-2012 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StephF View Post
    Well? Anyone go to this? How was it? Anyone have results?
    I was running pretty well in the ITA race on Saturday until the motor expired with 2 laps to go.

The little engine fire caused by the oil created some excitement

The corner workers were awesome. Got me out of the car in seconds and had the fire out in no time at all.

Abhi

Quote Originally Posted by Abhi View Post
    I was running pretty well in the ITA race on Saturday until the motor expired with 2 laps to go.

The little engine fire caused by the oil created some excitement

The corner workers were awesome. Got me out of the car in seconds and had the fire out in no time at all.

Abhi
    Still think you should have gone and got my car....
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

The last group (the fast wings) really got the shaft again! They had 10 min to race and sadly had an incident on the first lap. Ended up with a green white checker as a race since we ran out of rental time. Personally I think we should give them extra time at the cheap date and not have them go last.

ITA race group was the smallest of the weekend I think... Scared from the rain or maybe no cars left after what was a busy weekend in medical!

Curious if everyone likd the winners circle and instant trophies on Sunday? The open wheel guys seemed to like it, overall they actually seem to be enjoying themselves more than some of us closed wheel guys though....

Stephen
    Last edited by StephenB; 08-05-2012 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Still think you should have gone and got my car....
    I should have. I was just bummed out after blowing up while leading with 2 laps to go. Someday I will get that elusive first win.

It was very kind of you to offer. Thank you Andy.

I
    Was the Safety Steward this weekend and spent a lot if time in Race Medical... Lots of visitors but nomreal injuries. The worst were a few workers with dehydration issues, kudos to all the people that withstood a lot of heat Saturday and a brief but significant rain storm Sunday that left them all leaving the track very tired and soaked! These folks worked their butts off this weekend so people could play!

Anyone know how much money we raised? I know Jerry had an interesting Saturday night!

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

I do think group 7 was the smallest. 8 cars. i think there was 5 ITA,1 IT7,1 ITC, and a welcomed SPU which was in with the SRF's so there was plenty of room. Sorry i did not stick around for the final race sunday. Figured why go out and have something happen to the car alone. But all in all a good weekend. good job with raising some money. hopefully they got ther goal.

JB
    IT7
    JB Swan
    IT7 #81

Quote Originally Posted by RSTPerformance View Post
    ...spent a lot if time in Race Medical... Lots of visitors but nomreal injuries.
    We had more than a few cars dropped off in Tech this weekend...just a little bit of this and that. The boys in Bellingham are gonna be busy this week...

Anyone know how much money we raised? I know Jerry had an interesting Saturday night!
    So we're all drinking beer at the worker party (a keg of BBC Pale Ale, good choice), mingling and such, with the RAL auction/raffle going on in the background. Nick is doing an entertaining job a auctioneer, with Bettencourt as his Vanna White. I'm not really paying attention to the details (I didn't buy a raffle ticket) but I notice the level of intensity was suddenly growing...we turned to see what was going on and found out that someone had apparently started an ad hoc auction, with the winner being able to shave off Jerry Rigoli's beard.

Background. Jerry has been growing a goatee this year, and it was getting pretty long. I'd say he got that thing to a good 4-5 inches off the chin, and it was not uncommon to see him stroking that thing like he would a cat...

But anyway, when I started paying attention the auction had gotten to around $200 or so, and there didn't seem to be any letting off. $250, $300, $350, $400 and growing. Soon it changed from a single-person-winner auction to just the crowd throwing money into the pot; I lost track of who was tossing down the coin - or who would get the honors - but it kept growing. $500, $600, $700, $800!!!! All the while, Jerry is looking around at the crowd with this confused "hey, how did I get involved in this??" look on his face...

Next morning, Jerry was walking around the paddock goatee-less, with an amused chagrined look on his face. As in someone that lost a limb, you could see him reaching up reflexively to stroke his now-missing hair appendage...

Final result?

$1600. One thousand, six hundred dollars to RAL.

He said it was worth it.

Start growing that thing again, friend; we'll see you again next summer.

I saw the pictures on Facebook... good to hear some of the story behind them. Good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    We had more than a few cars dropped off in Tech this weekend...just a little bit of this and that. The boys in Bellingham are gonna be busy this week...

So we're all drinking beer at the worker party (a keg of BBC Pale Ale, good choice), mingling and such, with the RAL auction/raffle going on in the background. Nick is doing an entertaining job a auctioneer, with Bettencourt as his Vanna White. I'm not really paying attention to the details (I didn't buy a raffle ticket) but I notice the level of intensity was suddenly growing...we turned to see what was going on and found out that someone had apparently started an ad hoc auction, with the winner being able to shave off Jerry Rigoli's beard.

Background. Jerry has been growing a goatee this year, and it was getting pretty long. I'd say he got that thing to a good 4-5 inches off the chin, and it was not uncommon to see him stroking that thing like he would a cat...

But anyway, when I started paying attention the auction had gotten to around $200 or so, and there didn't seem to be any letting off. $250, $300, $350, $400 and growing. Soon it changed from a single-person-winner auction to just the crowd throwing money into the pot; I lost track of who was tossing down the coin - or who would get the honors - but it kept growing. $500, $600, $700, $800!!!! All the while, Jerry is looking around at the crowd with this confused "hey, how did I get involved in this??" look on his face...

Next morning, Jerry was walking around the paddock goatee-less, with an amused chagrined look on his face. As in someone that lost a limb, you could see him reaching up reflexively to stroke his now-missing hair appendage...

Final result?

He said it was worth it.

Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

That is so absolutely awesome, so sorry I had to leave and could not be there for that spectacle. Thanks for sharing!

Bought some tickets and stickers for the car though to support the cause, so don't touch my goatee.

Final result?

He said it was worth it.

Rob Thiele - BMW 328is ITR
    www.motorsportcollection.com

Final result?

He said it was worth it.

I saw the pictures of that too, very cool. And really, a good way to do it, just throwing money in a pot. Because, could you imagine winning that and having to take the hunk of goatee hair home and tell your spouse you pad X for it? Lol!
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

Finally I have all 6 NHMS RAL ITS race videos posted... I have also edited
    together a "Highlights" video which will be posted tomorrow

http://www.vimeo.com/lawtonglenn

the six videos are

Race 1/3 Glenn Lawton
    Race 2/3 Glenn Lawton
    Race 3/3 Glenn Lawton
    Race 1/3 Bob Blake
    Race 2/3 Bob Blake
    Race 3/3 Bob Blake

Remember, if the videos are choppy, due to your local hardware or
    internet connection, cycle the HD off

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

Does anyone know where the results (not mylaps, official result sheets) are posted? I looked up NEDIV and that weekend is still open.
    Rob Thiele - BMW 328is ITR
    www.motorsportcollection.com

ok... Im proud of the HIGHLIGHTS video

http://vimeo.com/47589480

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

i must say glen that must be one of your best videos! hope we can reproduce that race weekend :026:

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Dugan View Post
    i must say glen that must be one of your best videos! hope we can reproduce that race weekend :026:
    Glen may need to put a back-up camera on his car to get a video of you again...
    oh-ya I just said that... Let the trash talk begin!

Stephen

ok stephen game on! lets see who is in front of who after the weekend. just because your a WC driver u still gotta beat me for the title of the the big dog in IT trim at LRP!! OH YA i just said it!!! This is only for the RST Performance drivers im still very slow there

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Dugan View Post
    u still gotta beat me for the title of the the big dog in IT trim at LRP!! OH YA i just said it!!!
    Yummy, Corrado tastes good for lunch!
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

my new goal in life is to be faster than Andy at LRP... I think he may be the fastest IT mazda ever around that track. Unless Nick or someone was a tad quicker and I just didn't know that...

Stephen