Thread: 2012 I.T.SPEC*tacular news/results/stories!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 2012 I.T.SPEC*tacular news/results/stories!

The weekend had started! Post up your stories! If you see any photographers have them post some links here. Don't forget this event us a big part in the cool shirt national tour as well.

jlofoto.net Jeff Loewe Foto - best quality, great service, fantastic prices.
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

What can I say - another great event! Great seeing old friends and making new ones. Great racing.

The weekend started off great, working with the new car. Got faster with every session, finished 4th on Saturday, and 4th Sunday morning. Sunday afternoon's race ended early - while running in third place, the engine went off and very shortly thereafter decided that it did not need the cylinder 4 connecting rod and regurgitated it through the side of the block, right at the start/finish line.

Well, just more challanges! I still say that it was a successful weekend. That's my two cents. If they were having another next week, I'd be there. And I don't even do Jello shots!
    92 ITA Saturn

I also had a great weekend.

Saturday morning was spent remembering how to drive Mid O with Saturday afternoon finding some more pace. Finished 4th on Saturday and learned a valuable lesson about fuel pickup and right hand turns.

Sunday qualifying I started on fresh Hankooks which were a bit greasy but by the end of the session I was back in the 1:50 times. Sunday race was a blast. Ended up chasing racer bill till his unfortunate engine problem and trading places with an IT7 car most of the race. Made it down to the 1:49's and ended up finishing third overall.

I have some body work to do after an incident into 7 where I ate the rear end of a IT7 into my passenger door but aside from the door the car seems OK. I will need to check the alignment to make sure.

Overall great weekend. Good size fields and lots of fun racing. If I can find another half second I can start taking it to Linn in his Sentra.

Quote Originally Posted by darthmonkeyIT View Post

Saturday morning was spent remembering how to drive Mid O with Saturday afternoon finding some more pace. Finished 4th on Saturday and learned a valuable lesson about fuel pickup and right hand turns.

Sunday qualifying I started on fresh Hankooks which were a bit greasy but by the end of the session I was back in the 1:50 times. Sunday race was a blast. Ended up chasing racer bill till his unfortunate engine problem and trading places with an IT7 car most of the race. Made it down to the 1:49's and ended up finishing third overall.

I have some body work to do after an incident into 7 where I ate the rear end of a IT7 into my passenger door but aside from the door the car seems OK. I will need to check the alignment to make sure.

Overall great weekend. Good size fields and lots of fun racing. If I can find another half second I can start taking it to Linn in his Sentra.
    Ahhh you experienced the fuel pickup issue. Should have told you not to run under like a half tank..ever. Pack her full of fuel and you wont have an issue! :026:
    Greg Vandersluis
    #4 1990 Honda Civic Si
    #97 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
    #93 2006 Ford Mustang
    Carbotech/BFGoodrich/Vandersluis Motorsports
    2010 Great Lakes Division ITA Champion
    2012 Great Lakes Division T1 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ITA_honda View Post
    Ahhh you experienced the fuel pickup issue. Should have told you not to run under like a half tank..ever. Pack her full of fuel and you wont have an issue! :026:
    Actually has prompted me into researching fuel support systems. Looking into a surge tank or a big fuel filter described in another post from 2010.

You'se going to have to get by me to get at Linn!!!!!! Seriously, great racing. Car is back in the garage and have contacted various people who were connected with the car originally.
    92 ITA Saturn

Quote Originally Posted by RacerBill View Post
    ... finished 4th on Saturday, ...
    ... Finished 4th on Saturday ...
    Aren't you guys in the same class???

Glad y'all had a great weekend.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle7 View Post
    Aren't you guys in the same class???

Glad y'all had a great weekend.
    My bad. I was 5th. Forgot about Downing cause I never saw him past the start of the race.

I saw the "wreck" heading into the esses. Man it was fun watching you guys. That IT7 threw it in there deep and you did a great job avoiding it for the most part. I learned somethings this weekend for my build. Thanks to Sam for talking to me and answering my questions
    Last edited by jshiplet; 07-30-2012 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jshiplet View Post
    I saw the "wreck" heading into the esses. Man it was fun watching you guys. That IT7 threw it in there deep and you did a great job avoiding it for the most part. I learned somethings this weekend for my build. Thanks to Sam for talking to me and answering my questions
    Were you the yellow ITB car that came through when I was facing the wrong direction?

Time kind of froze as he started rotating next to me. Mostly the internal voice going "Please spin to the inside." I have in car video I am working on now that you can see the IT7 rotating out my right window. That and the up the middle pass I made between a lapped car and the IT7 going down the back straight. Hind sight being 20-20 my mother would NOT have approved of me making that pass.