Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
I'm not clear what Christian Horn....er, James is trying to get away with, mostly 'cause I don't know jack about the BMWs. But divorce yourself from what engine came in what chassis/make/model; it's irrelevant.
I completely understand what you WANT to allow, but I agree with James that IF chassis X had 2 body styles or varients - say a coupe and a wagon - and the coupe came with a larger TB on what is otherwise the same engine as the wagon, the rules as written might allow him to swap a motor into the wagon (not the factory installed type) and use the TB/intake from the coupe, being as it's the same chassis.

I think "your" definition of chassis is more inline with the IT concept of year (range)/make/model/body style while the general term "chassis" is often synonymous with "platform" and James is exploring that definition (to a non-absurd degree IMHO). define chassis, close potential loophole. btw, it's a stupid rule if he can't have the coupe TB in an othwerwise identical wagon to continue my example. it would deserve a line item allowance at minimum.