Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Treadzone ProIT/SM split starts...

Ray,
    I couldnt agree with you more. The fast miatas get in the middle of the fast ITS cars race and vica versa. Even if you have 2 ITS cars battling for position and one miata driving around by itself, the miata will not let the ITS cars past and will race them thru every corner, messing up their race. ALL drivers need to recognize who is in their class and who they are racing against. No car is as fast as a miata in the corners, we all recognize that but if you are an SM, what is the prupose of holding up the ITS car not in their class?
    The SM guys are real vocal in the drivers meeting and vote down the split start. I would bet most of the IT drivers that arent in first palce would welcome it.

ALL drivers need to recognize who is in their class and who they are racing against. No car is as fast as a miata in the corners, we all recognize that but if you are an SM, what is the prupose of holding up the ITS car not in their class?
    A buffer between the car inclass behind. I know in the SSM races I tried hard to get an SM2 between me and the 2nd place SSM car.

Oh, is that an SM, SSM, SM2, ITA, EP, or what class Miata? lol!
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

A couple quick points from my POV which may be different from raymonds and others.

Most mixed class racing at a professional level invloves window banners or headlights of some type that distinguish the class so it is easy for competitors to know whom they are racing. (Unless the cars are drastically different like DP vs GT) If I was in ITS or ITA I would have no clue who I was racing. Thankfully I am not.

In reality we have small groups in IT and a large field of SM cars. when you only have 3 or 4 IT cars in a class it kinda sucks to be stuck in the middle of 10-15 other SM cars. Especially knowing that you "could" stay up with and race with the other cars in your class if you could just get past this chain of SM cars.

I think the split start adds excitement to SM as a spectator because you can watch basically another race on track with the PRO-IT guys. Instead they are just mixed in.

To be honest I am still not sure why we call it PRO-IT... I always thought if you had a PRO-IT and PRO-SM race group combined with a split start it would make good business sense. I think if done correctly it could drive excitement and press about the series.

I am VERY happy for the success they are having with the series. I think they should keep doing what they are because it seems to be working for them and they like it.

With that being said,
    I WILL race in ITR in that series because it brings out what I feel are the BEST and BIGGEST ITR fields in the country. I however will never race my ITB car in the series because it draws small entries and is not enjoyable. Here in the the North East ITB is all about the NARRC series as that draws large fields and most of the best of the best in this area!

Stephen