I still don't understand why this group doesn't have a split start...

From a stewards point I would like it, it doesn't make sense not to split them.

From a spectator standpoint it suck watching these races if you are watching anything but ITR/overall. SM cars always forget to fix the classes on the side of the car so you have no idea who is racing what. However I have to admit from a spectator side it is great watching everyone pile into the first turn on the start... You always get to see some sort of contact!

From a drivers standpoint in IT (It is "ProIT") it sucks because if you are not in ITR infront of the SM field then you could be less than a second from others in your class and have 10 miatas between you. I realize that I have not raced in ProIT for years and as of now because of this issue I don't really have an interest in it.

Unlike others I love the miatas and I think they put on the best show for racing in the US. However in this format it really isn't that great. I would much rather watch the regional races to see a good race

I feel like some of us have asked this for years but we just cant seem to get a strieght answer or consistancy so I go back to my question of the day... Why not split start???

Respectfully (I hope it comes out that way);

Raymond Blethen