Thread: Cota

Default Cota

Today was the SOWDIV summer meeting in Elroy Texas. A tour of the new track in the area was aranged for the attendees by Lone Star Region. From the tour bus on the track :
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3&l=80b3d2b4c7
    Jerry

Lone Star Regional Executive
    Lone Star Tech Chief.

very cool, Jerry. thanks for sharing!

so when the first SCCA event there going to be?

Negotiations are progressing. But since you mentioned it I have a question. What would the group be willing to pay in entry fees for a three day double event on the formula 1 course?

You can PM the answer if you would like.
    Last edited by jhooten; 07-15-2012 at 10:12 AM.
    Jerry

Lone Star Tech Chief.

I'm too far away to really consider it - so the price or the event would have to be a REALLY awesome affair. but my personal belief is that the regions should support local pro tracks with workers etc... and get "special treatment" with track usage rates. I'm pretty sure thats how the DIS and SIR relationships are here (CFR) but not sure on the details. either way, it costs us (as an entrant) a lot less to run the local big name tracks then to run at roebling or CMP, and we're also in the "most successful region and division" so I'm sure that helps by keeping car counts up. I'm not sure how MiDiv / Lone Star are doing these days on car counts. I'd think $300-350 for a double weekend is entirely reasonable under that model. $400-450 for a BIG DEAL weekend (like ITNT, BFG super tour, long enduro, support race for Rolex/CTCS, etc...). if they don't allow participants to camp etc... then the price must be lower to keep it attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip42 View Post
    I'm too far away to really consider it - so the price or the event would have to be a REALLY awesome affair. but my personal belief is that the regions should support local pro tracks with workers etc... and get "special treatment" with track usage rates. I'm pretty sure thats how the DIS and SIR relationships are here (CFR) but not sure on the details. either way, it costs us (as an entrant) a lot less to run the local big name tracks then to run at roebling or CMP, and we're also in the "most successful region and division" so I'm sure that helps by keeping car counts up. I'm not sure how MiDiv / Lone Star are doing these days on car counts. I'd think $300-350 for a double weekend is entirely reasonable under that model. $400-450 for a BIG DEAL weekend (like ITNT, BFG super tour, long enduro, support race for Rolex/CTCS, etc...). if they don't allow participants to camp etc... then the price must be lower to keep it attractive.
    Now Chip,
    Sebring is even farther away for me but I plan to do the early race in 2014. I need to get the new car sorted and reliable before that trip. The cage builder did tell me the cage is done yesterday.

Six to 8 years ago we would get 200 at our NN, now about 150. We used to get 80 IT cars for a RR now we are lucky to get 20. We used to that in just ITS alone. Entry fees for a double at Texas World Speedway are $450 now and I'm doing good to break even at that.
    Jerry

Lone Star Tech Chief.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip42 View Post
    I'd think $300-350 for a double weekend is entirely reasonable under that model. $400-450 for a BIG DEAL weekend
    Normal SOWDIV double weekend is $450-$500. Be sure to add $150-$200 if you want a Friday test day and don't forget about the extras for a garage or covered area.

I'd pay $750 for a 3 day at COTA and would consider more.
    Mark B. - Dallas, TX
    #76 RX-7 2nd Gen
    SCCA EP
    Former ITS, ITE, NASA PT