Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
So is the goal to placate the older IT7 group, or to get new blood into an entry level class?
Both!

As I stated in my initial post, I believe there are enough of these chassis around to support both versions, but they are NOT interchangeable.

But think of this perspective. The number of IT7s is dwindling. Several of the participants in this thread are former IT7 drivers who have not been able to find or are unwilling to pay the cost of replacement engines / parts, especially for a class with an uncertain future. On the other hand, there are some IT7 campaigners who have plenty of parts. I spoke to an IT7 driver last year at an event that said he has, I believe, 11 running 1st gen cars. He has parts to last forever. At some point, IT7 car counts are going to drop to the point that it can't support its own class. I understand the argument raised earlier against allowing the carb version into IT7, but unless something is done, those guy with plenty of parts are going to end up back in ITA. If the choice is running with a carbed Renesis or in ITA, I suspect the carbed Renesis might be a little more attractive. I'm not saying more testing and adjustment isn't needed, but having the discussion is a step in the right direction.