I tend to agree with the above sentiment. Even though the trans was out only to replace the clutch, I asked Kessler to pull the case cover and check out the innards; I had driven it pretty hard at the race at the Glen with that bum clutch.

Since posting above I got the news: da innards was ugly. 3-4 syncro hub and sleeves were "toast", and 1-2 and 5-R looked like they had 60,000 miles on them. I did drive it pretty hard at the Glen, but with a very similar technique as you would without a clutch, patience going up and zipping the throttle going down. There was some "conflict" in the process, but what I saw on the 3-4 assembly resembled more years of street abuse than 45 minutes of racing abuse. And, the 3-4 upshift always "grunched" on me a little bit, even when this trans was new (I bought the ITR trans brandy-new from Honda in 2010).

I'm replacing 3-4 syncro assembly and will try something different than Honda MTL; I like your syncromesh+additive above. I'll contact OS Giken and see what they recommend for their LSD.

GA