Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Watkins Glen July 21-22

Default Watkins Glen July 21-22

Any one know where the entry list for the Pro-IT running July 21-22 went?? It was on the Motorsports Reg with the July Regional and then it disappeared! The Pro-IT website just links back to the Regional lists!
    Denise VanBuren

Denise

Any one know where the entry list for the Pro-IT running July 21-22 went?? It was on the Motorsports Reg with the July Regional and then it disappeared! The Pro-IT website just links back to the Regional lists!
    Its back .. sort of. If you go to the bottom of the July Sprints entry list, the Pro IT entry list has returned - It says there are 31 entries but only shows one (Jim Slechta). I suspect this has something to do with the phone call I got from the region over the weekend regarding eligible classes.

I will notify the region of the problem.

See ya at the Glen

Terry

Yeah, group 6 is screwey also. Steph was entered in HP, then the whole group disappeared and now it's partially back with many drivers missing.
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Funk View Post
    Yeah, group 6 is screwey also. Steph was entered in HP, then the whole group disappeared and now it's partially back with many drivers missing.
    It's a plot, I tell ya....Unless you know the sooper secret handshake you don't get to play.....hey look! A black helicopter just flew by!
    :026:

(sorry...I just waded through some of the ranting NASA-is-so-much-better-and-I-hate-SCCA-WAH-WAH-WAH-posts)
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

Has anybody received updates on this event? It truly seems screwed up at MotorsportReg.com. I'm not listed as an entrant, but I've received my email confirmation. Has anybody communicated with the registrar lately? I just emailed her about another issue and don't want to bombard her if she's aware of the problem.

Steve

Steve Ulfelder
    Author of Purgatory Chasm and The Whole Lie
    www.ulfelder.com

Steve:

Motorsportsreg is kind of FUBAR at the moment. Don't know why.

I emailed Cheryl Boynton (registrar) yesterday about entering SM2. No answer yet, but I'm pretty sure she's getting bombarded with emails.

If it's any consolation, the event chair (Cheryl Z) is a friend to the miata world (which you are now part of temporarily I guess) so in theory, it will all be ok. If not, well I'll have booze and food in the garage.

-Vick

Is there a friday test and tune?
    Ryan Hall

Just Boss It
    #03 Mini Cooper B-Spec
    Indian Summer Racing/Advanced Monograms
    SolidSkills.Net

Yes Registration opns 6 am
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Based on the reg list looks like there's some nice battles brewing in IT, looking good!

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...2A6BC1C27A1836
    Last edited by mossaidis; 07-13-2012 at 02:56 PM.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Default Message from Race Chair!!

Good Day Drivers!

It has come to my attention that there have been some issues regarding Registration for the Glen Region July Sprints. We are working on them as they arise, but please send me an e-mail with any comments, questions, or concerns that you may have. We are here for your benefit, and we are doing our best to provide you with a fun weekend!

In the Spirit of the Sport,

Cheryl Zebrowski
    Glen Region
    Chair, Club Racing Board
    Chair, "July Sprints"
    Chair, "Last Chance"
    Grid Marshal

Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Cheryl, are you getting messages from the Motorsportsreg site? If not, what is your email?
    Thanks.
    Stephanie Funk
    "Green Booger Racing"

Steph, Cheryl didn't post that.

Anyone know if Smarty or another tire vendor will be up there after the test day?
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

You can try her directly at cheryldvm at aol dot com.
    Kyle C
    #69 ITA Honda CRX
    Glen Region Timing & Scoring Chief

Thanks Kyle. I've been messaging through MSR with no answer.
    Stephanie Funk
    "Green Booger Racing"

Is the Friday test day definitely being held? Heard a rumor that there might be a conflict for some reason? Hoping that's not accurate but sure would be annoyed getting up there and finding out otherwise.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    Is the Friday test day definitely being held? Heard a rumor that there might be a conflict for some reason? Hoping that's not accurate but sure would be annoyed getting up there and finding out otherwise.
    Dave, The Test day is a WGI run. Will check out nothing on Glen Region website to indicate otherwise. I am assuming there will be something left after this weekends wine fest:026:. No car yet for us probably just work tech. T Weaver
    Last edited by tdw6974; 07-15-2012 at 10:43 AM. Reason: spelling

Hey all, just spoke with the race chair.

She just wanted to let everyone know that the test day and race weekend are on. WGI will be doing a re-pave after our races, not before.

So come on out!

-Vick

Quote Originally Posted by vicktorvolpe View Post
    Hey all, just spoke with the race chair.

She just wanted to let everyone know that the test day and race weekend are on. WGI will be doing a re-pave after our races, not before.

So come on out!

-Vick
    Amen For test day $275.00 cash or credit card only!! Also even if you are not running test day you can register for the event Friday am get into track, set up and then go downtown and float your boat on the lake. Local paper reports 35,000 at wine festival and they had the usual storm Sunday PM!!

Had to cancel my ITS entry, car broke this weekend. Hope you all have a blast and good stories to tell after!!! :026:
    Astrophysathingy / goaheadtakethewheel.com
    99 Civic SI #9 WDCR ITS/STL
    93 Corolla / 97 PDX Miata

I just registered. Nothing like last minute.
    Ray Lee Chee
    rleechee at comcast.net
    Oxford, Ct