Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
Based on what you've said, I don't understand why you keep your IT car. Seems like a good way to earn some ride money.

Sell your existing wheels, get some 6" wide ones from a junk yard. Buy some take-offs (tires), borrow belts and a HANS. I've been borrowing one from a couple of differen people for some of the similar reasons.

I like that SCCA doesn't just let anyone out on the track with me in w2w racing. I was absolutely not fond of the idea in ChumpCar that just anyone regardless of experience or doing a school could be out there on track. The physical? Is that really so bad? I asked my doc why in the world aren't they doing this stuff normally and it takes an SCCA license to really check me over.

ChumpCar / Lemons are a different product than SCCA, just like roundy-round is different from ChumpCar. Hell, when I asked how much it would cost to race and the guy said $25 I clarified twice that I wanted to race, and not just get in to watch the race. Yet again, it's a different product than ChumpCar. Oh, you want to compare popularity. LMAO.

Well, because I have the best stuff now. I wouldn't sell brand new panasports to get junk wheels. I'm proud of my car - its not just a means to an end, but an expression of my build and setup ability. Same reason I really don't want to sell it, but don't see great options in front of me. Its also got history as a Toyota Celebrity Challenge car, owned by the top guys both at Toyota and SCCA, my first race car etc... I can see you don't understand that convienence aspect, and that's ok, but customers speak with their dollars.. Up to the business if they want to listen with an open mind or not.

Clearly you've never raced Lemons... Those guys are better to race with than the SCCA crowd. I nearly set a track record in my first driver school and won my first race at IRP having never raced anything before, so I don't buy the noob argument. I've had one wheel mark in Lemons, but been hit hard once and completely totalled once (rear ended both times) in SCCA. If the SCCA had some no contact rules I'd be more likely to come back - I've seen some of jakes videos and the spec pinatas in action. I'd really be upset to have my car all jacked up by the demo derby guys - and I DON'T mean lemons.

I get that its a different product... but comparing products, its like saying Walmart and the local grocery store offer different product (what local grocery store you say?). We know who won that one. I like what the SCCA has to offer, its just gotten hard to deal with. All I'm sayin' is that it needent be so hard, and Lemons has proven that. Y'all ought to try it first then make valid comparisons on value/$. I'm not saying everybody go do Lemons, I'm saying make SCCA as easy as lemons and your field counts will go up, and we'll all enjoy the racing more.