Thread: 2nd GenHeat Exchanger addition

Default 2nd GenHeat Exchanger addition

Anyone had experience adding a heat exchanger to improve cooling?
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

I think it works quite well. But make absopositively sure that it's rated for the oil pressure you're running. Years ago I had an oil cooler put into the custom radiator I was having made. Ran great for 1 3/4 seasons. Then I blew the engine halfway through the last race of the season. Had a Prod friend with the same experience. I'll never pipe oil to the radiator again.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

thats all we've ever run , it came from ISC racing in florida . mike offered the radiator & exchanger & oil lines as a kit. rarely does the car run hot . we also still use the stock type oil cooler to cool the oil just before it goes back into the engine. we believe this works well ! ralph