Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wheel adapters

Any stock fendered race car should use all of the track allowed. Spacers wheels, whatever.
    Of course the farther away, the more load.
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Oh my what have I started I was looking in to this because I can't find 15x6 rims to fit the mustang.

No, it's good to hash this out. I've had people approach me in the paddock and go off on mine being illegal. I tell them to file papers. I'm confident they are legal (as this thread seems to suggest) and having this type of discussion here helps confirm that and also educate others.

In finding 15X6 wheels, do remember the weight of the adapter in figuring out what you want. I think Spinwerks will cut you a 15X6 wheel at about 10 lbs which may be cheaper and lighter than anything with an adapter.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    No, it's good to hash this out..
    Agreed. Like we said in the other thread, newbies read this stuff and most - not all, learn how to approach the rulebook and reset their line of thinking.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Sorry for contributing to the confusion. I meant "spacers."

K

reminds me of when I crewed for a wheelen modified team. They are only allowed so much stagger which they obviously try to push as much as they can. They are NOT allowed spacers of any kind. We had 2 washers width of "extra" space that we could use... went back to the tractor trailer and welded washers to the wheels. Rules state that custom wheels where allowed and that's what we did... customized them for a wider track! They came in second if I recall and passed tech.

Stephen