Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RRR in the Southeast (Split from Mustang Build Thread)

Gosh Butch...I chose white because red is so ostentatious There are plenty of passing zones, one just needs to explore where they are. Of course, when you are running a car that is 15' wide, passing is more of a challenge.

If you look at results, wrong wheel drive has one their share of races (in ITA) as have rear wheel drive. That, of course, was before MVS got the Miate dominating. Definitely a momentum track. CB
    Chuck Baader
    White EP BMW M-Techniq
    I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up!

I'm way past the point where I like RRR because I went to school there.

I like it because the last few races there have been some tremendous battles AND I think it is the most "driver-centric" track in the SEDiv. Driver matters most. Finding the fast way through 1, 3, 5 and having the balls to hold the pedal down in 9 is driver.

I like all race tracks (well, except Nashville, I just hated running there) but I find CMP, RRR and VIR to all be equally challenging and fun in different ways. Glad they are all reasonably close.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by chuck baader View Post
    There are plenty of passing zones, one just needs to explore where they are. Of course, when you are running a car that is 15' wide, passing is more of a challenge.

If you look at results, wrong wheel drive has one their share of races (in ITA) as have rear wheel drive. That, of course, was before MVS got the Miate dominating. Definitely a momentum track. CB
    Go back and read what I wrote - UNLESS I MAKE A MISTAKE, you're going to have to hit me to get around me. Yes you can sneak by entering Four or Five, but I'd have to leave the door open for you to do so and I'm not inclined to do that. I agree turning a good lap in Qualifying takes balls, but even if you outqualify me I'll use my torque monster to beat you to T-1 and drive the (less than optimal) defensive line for the rest of the track and use a subtle lift coming onto the front straight to kill your speed through there.

And my car is only 14' 8.5" wide.

Besides being a momentum track it's also a tire management track. You can easily use up your tires in the first half of the race and end up being dead meat during crunch time.

Bottom line, however, is that RRR warts and all (is that a copyrighted term?) is where the SARRC Championship is currently decided.
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion