Thread: 15x6 rims

Default 15x6 rims

I'm looking for a source for 15x6, 4x108 rims for my ITB mustang

This wont help Bill right now, but...

We (TrackSpeed) are soon to recieve a shipment of D-Force "CR6" wheels designed for the ITB crowd's desire for just such a wheel. they are based on the d-Force spec miata wheel but modified to 15x6, 4x100, 35mm offset, 67mm center bore, weigh right at 12 lbs plus/minus, and cost $115. if there is sufficient interest from the foxstangs, audis, 928's, and fiesta's of the world, we may make a later run with 108mm bolt circle, or you could try enlarging the lug holes but I can't recomend the latter.

for anyone else interested, contact me or you can also get them through Phil's. I have no objections to starting a 108mm order if enough interest is shown, so speak up!

Hey Chip. Can you link to a photo of these?
    Art Jaso
    Former 1989 Toyota MR2 #55 ITB
    DC Region SCCA
    DC Region Board of Directors
    Coordinator of Racers Helping Racers Fund
    http://www.racershelpingracers.com/
    PDX/TT Committee Member
    PDX Co-Chief of Grid
    PDX Chief Technical Inspector
    SCCA Pit Marshall
    SCCA Pace Car
    SCCA F & C
    Producer of "Racing Summit Point" Video
    http://vimeo.com/67177646

If I were talking Mustang, I'd look into something like Ron Earp used on his ITS V6. Go see what's available in stock car land.

K

Ron's are 15X7 but I think the company (Spinwerks) will basically make anything you ask them too.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Yes, Spinwerks will do anything from 3" bolt circle out to a 6" bolt circle, four, five, and six lug providing they all fit. The wheels are reasonably priced around $210 to $240 each, weight 11.2 lbs (for the 15x7s) and the 15x6 should be a tiny bit less.

TrackSpeed sounds like a much less expensive and almost as light option if they'll make the four on 108 setup.

Default Mustang ITB wheels...very cheap.

BILL,

Another option is to use light weight 13X6 Steel wheels (Weld, etc) that are selling for $50-80 each (U.S. as I see you're in Canada). They are very light, very cheep, and can be had in a variety of off-sets. And, they clear any brakes you have on the Mustang. Overall diameter of the 13in tire is slightly smaller than the 14in race tire. I was never able to find light, cheep 14in wheels, without going to the money levels of Ron Earp.

I've done it. I believe I got mine thru Summit.

Good racing.

Bill
    Bill Frieder
    MGP Racing
    Buffalo, New York