Thread: STL: No National Championship?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Then they must have been considering it for 2012. Seems as if they are looking at 'real' STL cars as the real data. I am not sure why but that is the story from above.
    Sorry - dumb question. "Looking at 'real' STL cars...?" They pulled the "not real" ones from the numbers...?

K

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    Sorry - dumb question. "Looking at 'real' STL cars...?" They pulled the "not real" ones from the numbers...?

K
    I guess they are concerned about the amount of SM's bumping the numbers up - meaning that because there are so few real STL cars that when it comes to a National Championship - and those DD's aren't there, you would have an uber-soft field. It is an interesting thought process if you value your gold medals.

But an entry IS an entry.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

How many STU cars at runoffs the last couple years were DD-ing SMs?
    they just moved to STL this year instead..

an entry is an entry. If people want to pay their bucks and enter the class and race, it should count as an entry. (We still let SRX7s "race", right?)
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

Quote Originally Posted by Matt93SE View Post
    . (We still let SRX7s "race", right?)
    Well this is not quite the same thing. The debate on the table is defining a 'quality' National Champion. If STL averages 10 cars a National and 9 of them are SM's...and come the Runoffs only the 5 'real' STL cars show up, was that successful or what was intended. For sure no.

Still have another year to build the ranks.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Isn't raising the 1.8 RWD weight to 2491# is going to "fix" the double dipping " issue " ?

Quote Originally Posted by TStiles View Post
    Isn't raising the 1.8 RWD weight to 2491# is going to "fix" the double dipping " issue " ?
    No, because they can still double dip at their respective spec weights from THEIR class.
    Bowie Gray
    ITA Miata

LOL - Should they only count the non-old-British-POS Production cars in National counts, too...? Not count the IT cars with the minimum changes to run in Prod...?

K

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    I guess they are concerned about the amount of SM's bumping the numbers up...
    Don't know where you're getting that "info", Andy, but I talked to a BoD member that was there, and double-dippers were not a factor in the discussion. As I wrote above, it has zero to do with Miatas, and everything to do with the original agreement for bringing STL into the National racing program.

Methinks someone is POOMA'ing you.

GA

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    ...I talked to a BoD member that was there, and double-dippers were not a factor in the discussion. As I wrote above, it has zero to do with Miatas, and everything to do with the original agreement for bringing STL into the National racing program....
    A +1 on the "BOD just doing what they said they were going to do" thing. A little bird told me.