Quote Originally Posted by Matt93SE View Post
I agree STL is a better fit for the Miatas, but the STU thing is just a poor assumption on your part. STU's numbers are only growing here, and it has nothing to do with Miatas.
<snip>
So out of 12 regular entries (we usually have 5-6 per race, pick any of the above and they could show up), only one, sometimes two are double-entering SMs.

Your region may be vastly different, but that's what I'm seeing in Houston.
There are also a couple others that are in the process of being built. one could be a Miata, could be RX7. either way, it will be a rotary, and it will be FAST.
Matt,
it will be interesting to see---your re-cap is interesting. Hopefully those cars come out and race--I was looking at the participation numbers-http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/assets/2012_National_Participation-MAY.pdf
Shows as average of 5 STU in SW Nationals, maybe I should have been clear I was talking Nationals, maybe those numbers are different. Only had time to look at the Sat Double National (?Lone Star?) and it showed 7 STU. Results are not clear as to the model of car--it looks to me like 3 or maybe 4 of those 7 were SM, maybe I'm wrong.
Cheers,
LD71