Thread: SARRC Race Daytona / August

Default SARRC Race Daytona / August

Can any of you give me the real date for the SARRC Double @ Daytona in August?

Central Crown region site says its 8/11-12 but SCCA National site and Sports Car Magizine says 8/4-5.

Cheers,

SEDIV website (sedivracing.org) shows 8/4-5

I just spoke with Bill Cannon of the Central Fla Region, he states that it is on 11th and 12th. Guess they need to get the memo out to everybody else.

Cheers.

Default Daytona Double

I am currently working on the sanction application for the subject event and it is definitely set for August 11-12.

Robin Ragaglia
    Asst Race Board Chair
    CFR

Thanks Robin for this confirmation. Just changed my hotel reservations to the new(new)
    date! We are bringing a large group of friends whom we all live out of region to this race.
    This date conflict came up months ago but since the race has always been the 1st weekend we guessed it was just a typo!

Once again Thanks

k

Make sure that all of the cars have annuals. Try to avoid the CFR annual. MM
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been planning for the 4-5 weekend. I don't think 11-12 is going to work for my schedule.

Same here, was planning to run ITS car, but a week before our CMS race and now the wife can not change leave. Damn this needed fixed on calander a long time ago. Who slept through the mid year and the Jekyl calander review?
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Yea, no kidding! Some of us have jobs and shit so we have to plan ahead for time off to do races.

Steve, come down to AMP 4-5. I guess that is what I will be doing now.

This is pretty furstrating. I had it on the schedule for 4-5 based on the SEDIV site for a long time. I may still come, but for a "long tow" weekend this kind of change is, as Steve and Zsolt indicate, pretty dramatic.

Dang. Not sure what I am going to do.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

I think I'm out. I wasn't 100% committed anyhow, but was hoping to go and scheduled the beach trip for the 11th/12th weekend so I could accommodate Daytona. Sleestak will have to wait until 2013 to visit.

I second the others - this change should have been addressed many months ago.

Default too close

seems like there should be a "rule" on races being too close together , just thinking out loud !! ralph

There is a rule Ralph, but does not apply when the races are this far apart mile wise. We tried to keep a 2 week spread, but the track changed the Florida date on them.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)