This message appeared in my email today -

Urgent Message regarding the July 28-29, 2012 Club Racing Event
The St. Louis Region Board of Directors and the Club Race Committee regrets to announce that we have decided to cancel the Regional/National/IT Tour club race that was scheduled at Gateway Motorsports Park on July 28-29, 2012. We did not come to this decision lightly and we apologize to anybody who is adversely affected by this decision. Unfortunately we had a very low turnout at our recent May race and took a large financial loss and we believe cancelling the July race is in the best interest of the long term continuation of the St. Louis Region's club race program.

The region will be holding a meeting at Russo's Cafe on Monday June 11, 2012 at 6:30pm. Russo's is located at9904 Page Ave - St. Louis, MO 63132. We are inviting everybody to attend this meeting and we will discuss our current financial situation, reasoning for cancelling this race and the future of club racing in St. Louis. We hope to have a large turnout at this meeting and a productive discussion about the club racing program.

We are committed to the future of SCCA club racing in the St. Louis Region and we hope that you will help us strengthen this program for the future of racing in this area.

While I wasn't personally going to attend this event, I'm sorry to see St Louis Region have to cancel an event.

Kelley Huxtable
"PLAY SAFE"
DMVR