Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lime Rock "Schools Out" Race

Sooo where do I find pics/vids from the weekend? We had a great time. Nice to see everyone in person and met some other folks as well. We will try to come out to more events. When I came to the track on Fri, I was still in the 'f' this mode. Lots of monies spent, using the very little free time I have to get the car ready, knuckles busted, failing knees, and aching back and such. It took till the end of the race to realize that this is way too much fun to stop now. Definately worth it in the end.

Ray Lee Chee
    rleechee at comcast.net
    Oxford, Ct

^ sweet! Videos forthcoming. I can only post the pm race to vimeo today, since I reached my weekly upload limit. I will have the qualrace uploaded by tuesday when the counter resets.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Here is the video from the spec miata incident coming out of big bend during the spec miata race that collected four cars. Not great. Lex got the pictures too....she was standing right there with the camera.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-X2776EujQ&list=UU6-Wpr0PYvfUdC8l_L6IhWg&index=1&feature=plcp[/ame]

Anyone with video or an opinion to express about the issue at the start of the pm race for group 4? Ryan and I got together, he spun, I t-boned him, everyone else apparently got through it. I parked, he finished with some significant positive camber on left rear. Our opinions vary as to who moved into whom...help.
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

Grp 6 - ITA/7, race video is up.

https://vimeo.com/43795026
    '92 Honda Civic Si

Quote Originally Posted by mossaidis View Post

Nice job! Glad you shook off the first race and got your head back in the game. It was nice to see you let Ray by. I like to see that sort of respect in our group. Plus, Ray knows his way around LRP (including the birms coming out of the Left Hander) and not a bad guy to follow. It was obvious you picked up your pace when you were following him.

Katie had a rough start. Bounced of Lou going into the Left Hander then came down on Grant at the apex........

So..... are you going to show the start of the first race??

In all seriousness it is probably a good thing to show to remind people............
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    So..... are you going to show the start of the first race??
    Oh-Em-Gee, freakin' hilarious.

So Mickey grids around 11th(?) for the start of Sunday morning's race. As the ITA field is coming down the Hill they're a bit ratty, engines revs start to build and a couple guys (Lawton. Abhi.) step out of line. Starter vigorously shakes his head back and forth: no start!

Suddenly this little red hatchback Honda with a "Kill 'Em All" Hinomaru sunrise on the side comes rocketing up through the middle of the field, screaming up through the revs, and dives into Turn One, leaving a very confused ITA field in his wake.

Um, Mickey, did you hit the nitrous button? Or maybe - just maybe - the start was a wave-off??

"Hey, I couldn't see the starter! 'Course, I didn't see a green flag, either; all I heard was the engines revving up!"

Indeed.

Mickey -- and Lawton and Abhi; go Team Kessler! -- got to visit with the stewards after that session. Mickey got left behind after the other two were released for an even longer "discussion."

Absolutely hilarious. Wish I had video from the outside on that one.

GA

Great to hear everyone had a nice weekend and the bumps and bruises to the cars were kept to a minimum. So mad I missed Ray Ray. See ya'll at the Runoffs!
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

I am working on video for the first race. Getting song rights from Toni Basil.

The red Honda flash is going ACL surgery so that may have been to cause of the stuck throttle.
    Blizzard get the hole shot award and I will put those together too.

The 1.8L ITA toilet was a great idea.

Billzard and I raced hard all weekend but never had to touch each other. And race two had 3 manufacturers battling it out.
    Steven Frederick
    NER

ITA Miata-24

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    couple guys (Lawton. Abhi.) step out of line.
    Yeah, they got that one wrong. I was fairly certain it wasn't me but had to look at the video to be sure. It was obvious that when we were talked to, all that was provide were the car numbers. We were told we all had improved our position........ hmmmmmm. I was directly behind the guy in front of me the whole time...... and when they checked our transponders to see how we stacked up as we crossed the loop, we were all in the right place.......... I fully understand it was a mess, all the Miata's look the same and the person having the chat didn't actually SEE the incidents. I'll post video and let the peanut gallery decide.
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

Whoever was in that red #19 miata made a great move to the inside of big bend to take a few positions on the restart (or the lap after). Those 3 had a great battle going all race.

Mickey blew past like a blur, didn't see him again till he parked outside Big Bend waiting for everyone to catch up!
    Chris Raffaelli
    NER 24FP

Quote Originally Posted by Seabee View Post
    Billzard and I raced hard all weekend but never had to touch each other. And race two had 3 manufacturers battling it out.
    It was fun watching, from third, you guys battle in the morning and even better to be in the mix in the afternoon!
    Chris Raffaelli
    NER 24FP

Nothing like a double reprimand weekend... first ever, hopefully last.

Yeah, defintely "good times". Kathy Barnes warned me, "this will be like detention". I responded, "... I need some detention". 3 races, 3 front left fender racing incidents over two race weekends. All of them involving my friends and Kessler clients. Who's next?!?!? (joke) I am hoping that bad things happen in threes and so I should be done with any more incidents - they make me feel horrible.

Here's the morning qual race in semi-wet conditions. I tried passing Denise on the inside of uphill, decided to change my mind for a few reasons, I was off-line, I broke and easily locked them up...bang, rats. The surface was slick enough not to cause any flat spots (some positive in that).

https://vimeo.com/43791137

During my discussion with the Asst Cheif Steward, I voluntarily doubled my penalty from 1 loss in class to 2 (5 in grid) in order to help my conscience and Denise's grid position.

Lawton, as far as the start goes, I think I have the orginal video. If I do, I will edit and post for education proposes as well as some good "ball busting".

The afternoon race video I posted earlier shows the "incident" between a SM and two IT7's... it's sometimes easier not to realize how we can screw things up for others and vice versa. Hopefully drivers can reflect, be honest with themselves and others about what happened. Shake hands and make sure it does not happen again. If anything, ask for help - there's something we can learn from others.
    '92 Honda Civic Si

Nice job! Glad you shook off the first race and got your head back in the game. It was nice to see you let Ray by. I like to see that sort of respect in our group. Plus, Ray knows his way around LRP (including the birms coming out of the Left Hander) and not a bad guy to follow. It was obvious you picked up your pace when you were following him.
    That was definitely a highlight of the weekend. After Ray passed me, I ran a 1:03.2 which was the fastest time of anyone in the afternoon race. Ray and I were closing in on you, Abhi and that red me-otter. I wish we had 5 more laps...

In the after math and just I was going to sleep sat night, the evil part of brain was telling me that I could have passed folks in the left/right hander and no name w/o incidents. That's the evil part that's gotten me into trouble before, though it sucks to just lift when I am closing in on someone's bumper. Argh.

Ok, back to being constructive. Like you said here earlier, need to lose 2 more seconds off our LRP times by end of September...
    '92 Honda Civic Si

And after looking at my video from race #1, and finding the blue paint on my right front bumper, I realized how Chris got by me in the Left Hander!!!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

in regards to the incident with Denise, It's hard to tell from one camera and from that angle it looks like a) she didn't realize you were there, or b) if she did know you were there she should have given you racing room. It "looks" like you were at least up to her door......... but it's easy being the Sunday afternoon quarter back..........
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

Nothing like a double reprimand weekend... first ever, hopefully last.

Yeah, defintely "good times". Kathy Barnes warned me, "this will be like detention". I responded, "... I need some detention". 3 races, 3 front left fender racing incidents over two race weekends. All of them involving my friends and Kessler clients. Who's next?!?!? (joke) I am hoping that bad things happen in threes and so I should be done with any more incidents - they make me feel horrible.

Here's the morning qual race in semi-wet conditions. I tried passing Denise on the inside of uphill, decided to change my mind for a few reasons, I was off-line, I broke and easily locked them up...bang, rats. The surface was slick enough not to cause any flat spots (some positive in that).

https://vimeo.com/43791137

During my discussion with the Asst Cheif Steward, I voluntarily doubled my penalty from 1 loss in class to 2 (5 in grid) in order to help my conscience and Denise's grid position.

Lawton, as far as the start goes, I think I have the orginal video. If I do, I will edit and post for education proposes as well as some good "ball busting".

The afternoon race video I posted earlier shows the "incident" between a SM and two IT7's... it's sometimes easier not to realize how we can screw things up for others and vice versa. Hopefully drivers can reflect, be honest with themselves and others about what happened. Shake hands and make sure it does not happen again. If anything, ask for help - there's something we can learn from others.
    WAIT... Barnes repremenaded you twice and you are still alive to speak?
    Jeremy Billiel

in regards to the incident with Denise, It's hard to tell from one camera and from that angle it looks like a) she didn't realize you were there, or b) if she did know you were there she should have given you racing room. It "looks" like you were at least up to her door......... but it's easy being the Sunday afternoon quarter back..........
    I'll take the ball!

It 'looks' to me like there would have been enough room for both if Micky hadn't locked them up. You can see and hear that happen and he can't hold his line which is where I think the contact occurs. And at that point I really feel like Micky's body language then says it all...very apologetic inside the car with the two hands together and the 'bow'...and he is beating himself up for another half a lap with the 'dang it' hand motions...

Who else wants a shot!
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Mickey has spoken on this issue a number of times and I respect him even more as a
    racer for it and the position he has taken. However Denise was "touched" in the right rear corner panel right at the junction of the forward portion of the wheel and the
    beginning of the panel. No where near up to at least the door where one would normally give another more racing room notably at the apex of the up hill turn. If racing room was given for every car approaching your rear wheel, especially in a turn, you would be giving quarter all the time. A race start would be a madhouse of
    people checking up to allow the car behind you racing room. An obviously faster car
    would most likely choose a more appropriate place to pass. Back straight to the uphill
    is always a busy and dangerous spot even when you are by yourself.
    Dan Deyo
    92 Acura Integra
    ITA #94