Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lime Rock "Schools Out" Race

Hah! Thanks, Steph. But I you know what? I think Andy Bettencourt and Jeff Lawton (both drivers of 1.8L ITA Miatas) may actually be on to something:

Miatas are "special", and deserve "special" treatment, "special" hand holding.

Why else would the two of them suggest that these Fastrack rules changes are so special and so unique that they're deserving of special handling at Registration (and/or Tech and the bathroom)? I've not noticed either of them request posting of June Fastrack weight changes for Formula Atlantic, the ITS Nissan 240SX, or HP MGB, or changes in Touring 1 and 2. Have you?

Maybe they know something about Miata drivers that we don't...?

Mr Cranky Pants, who's having WAY WAY too much fun with this, and wondering if maybe someone's feelings got a little butt-hurt with recent rules changes and is feeling sorry for them self...
    Last edited by Greg Amy; 06-06-2012 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Edited to add a smiley. Seems some people are getting a tad too serious about themselves...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post

Mr Cranky Pants, who's having WAY WAY too much fun with this, and wondering if maybe someone's feelings got a little butt-hurt with recent rules changes and is feeling sorry for them self...
    Yup, felt SO sorry for myself that I ran the weight at a race I didn't even need to.

And if you don't see the difference between a group of casual double-dippers who create a nice little cash-pile for the Regions who may or may not track out-of class mid-season rule updates via the web, and singular-primary-class entries, I can't help you.

Again, it's about a group of guys who could have easily missed the change. Why not make an effort to help them? Well, it's obvious why.

It's a farking CLUB. Ridiculous is right.
    Last edited by Andy Bettencourt; 06-06-2012 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    And if you don't see the difference between a group of casual double-dippers who create a nice little cash-pile for the Regions who may or may not track out-or class mid-season rule updates via the web, and singular-primary-class entries, I can't help you.
    Then you can't "help" me. But I'm pretty confident your competitors can help themselves. Or are you suggesting that people who double-dip in other classes should not be held to the same standard of knowing the regs as they would in their own "base" class? Or does that apply only to "special" Miata double-dippers "who create cash piles"? Maybe we can get the Region to provide an air-conditioned executive suite/tent just for them, and allow them to bypass Tech inspection entirely...?

They're adults, Andy, and we hold them to adult standards. Even the Miata drivers. Well, most of them, anyway...

Why not make an effort to help them?
    We already do: we "post" the monthly regulation changes on "The Internet" in a common "format" for you to "download" and read. You can even receive "email" when they're posted - with "hyperlinks" to select to "download" them.

GA, finding much entertainment in "unselfish" concern for regulation changes that affect Miatas -- yet none for anyone else...probably just coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Then you can't "help" me. But I'm pretty confident your competitors can help themselves. Or are you suggesting that people who double-dip in other classes should not be held to the same standard of knowing the regs as they would in their own "base" class? Or does that apply only to "special" Miata double-dippers "who create cash piles"? Maybe we can get the Region to provide an air-conditioned executive suite/tent just for them, and allow them to bypass Tech inspection entirely...?

They're adults, Andy, and we hold them to adult standards. Even the Miata drivers. Well, most of them, anyway...

We already do: we "post" the monthly regulation changes on "The Internet" in a common "format" for you to "download" and read. You can even receive "email" when they're posted - with "hyperlinks" to select to "download" them.

GA, finding much entertainment in "unselfish" concern for regulation changes that affect Miatas -- yet none for anyone else...probably just coincidence.
    I'm just suggesting that we mention to a group of fellow friends, racers and members that they might have missed a weight increase on a class, that they may or may not pay the utmost attention to, in which they are double dipping to maximize value and fun.

It's that simple. You want to hard line it or think it's some sort of Miata issue, go ahead.
    Andy Bettencourt

I wonder who will have the last word... the thread keeps going and going and going...
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

I've not noticed either of them request posting of June Fastrack weight changes for Formula Atlantic, the ITS Nissan 240SX, or HP MGB, or changes in Touring 1 and 2. Have you?
    I actually think that would be a nice idea. If there's been a mid-year weight change, it wouldn't be horrible to do.

As more and more regions transition to Motorsports Reg, there's no reason when a competitor selects a class when registering for a class where a weight has changed, a message could pop up with the notification. The database collects the class and vehicle make anyways.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Looking through all this all I read is there may be a special bathroom for 1.8L Miata drivers. That is so cool.

I must admit I do have issues trying to download the Fastrack info with my web browser. Jeff helped with the info on this. So I do think he is special.
    Steven Frederick
    NER

ITA Miata-24

Speakin' of special Me-otters, heard there was a fast one with a Pro driver at LRP on Tuesday!? Mid 1's?! Wow!
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

Quote Originally Posted by Seabee View Post
    Looking through all this all I read is there may be a special bathroom for 1.8L Miata drivers. That is so cool.

I must admit I do have issues trying to download the Fastrack info with my web browser. Jeff helped with the info on this. So I do think he is special.
    That's where the notice can go!
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

[QUOTE=Seabee;

I must admit I do have issues trying to download the Fastrack info with my web browser. Jeff helped with the info on this. So I do think he is special.[/QUOTE]

I think Jeff may be "avaiable" Friday evening.
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Funk View Post
    Speakin' of special Me-otters, heard there was a fast one with a Pro driver at LRP on Tuesday!? Mid 1's?! Wow!
    I think there was a fast guy in the 1's, but I don't think he was a pro.

I also know it wasn't me. I was super slow.....stupid iracing in the mx-5 cup car threw all my timing off.

Hoosiers + great suspension + 125whp @ 2350-2400lbs is damn near an ITA car now by the numbers.

I expect to duplicate my 1:00.8 at the NARRC runoffs.
    Andy Bettencourt

Will I be able to get into the track before 6pm today?

LRP does generaly let folks in but if it gets closer to registration time, they may make you wait.
    Jerry
    NER South

New Britain, Connecticut, U.S. Local Track: Lime Rock Park

Also, the track is indifferent about pets on SCCA weekends.

Interesting read! I may be helping Brian out tonight.
    "Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
    "Don't genius live in a lamp?"
    -Patrick Star
    NER Board Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Trevor View Post
    Also, the track is indifferent about pets on SCCA weekends.

Interesting read! I may be helping Brian out tonight.
    Nothing like an overheated, panicked dog to run out on to the track during a race...why won't folks learn not to bring pets to the track?.........yeeeeeeeeeesh!!

Yeah, pretty much every dog l've seen seem to be having a rough weekend in air conditioned campers, getting lots of attention, and pampering.

Instead, kids and most adults including drivers should be banned from the paddock. Now that's where the risk comes into play!
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Quote Originally Posted by 0100 View Post
    Will I be able to get into the track before 6pm today?

I was at the track at 11am today and dropped my junk off, no problem.
    Chris Raffaelli
    NER 24FP

Seems like there time for one qualifier tomorrow. I saw an email for workers that mentioned two qualifiers. Que pasa?
    Chris Raffaelli
    NER 24FP

Quote Originally Posted by raffaelli View Post
    Seems like there time for one qualifier tomorrow. I saw an email for workers that mentioned two qualifiers. Que pasa?
    Supplementary Regs indicate one qualifier tomorrow; I've not heard anything otherwise. Don't forget there's a school group interspersed between the Regional quallies, so I see no way for them to run two.

Double dip, it's cheap. You can run FP, STU, or STL in your ITA config. $180 (?) more for twice the track time? A bargain. There's 4 spots left in Group 8 (STU/STL), better hurry... - GA
    Last edited by Greg Amy; 06-07-2012 at 07:39 PM.