Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
A little over the top, even for you!! Simmer down there big guy.
'Scuse me? With which point(s) are you disagreeing?

Does this mean you are volunteering to put up Andy's "please read your Fastrack" notices...? Talk to Pat when you register in, she can give you the paper, marker, and tape. Talk to Andy about the preferred format.

Does that mean tech won't look the weight up?
That's exactly what it means, and exactly what these stickers are for. Why else do you think the SCCA made this requirement...?

When you've got a group of 30+ cars lined up for the scales, all of different weights, probably with different configurations, engine sizes, etc, and with only a small number of volunteers to accurately corral, weigh, and evaluate those weights, all while these 30+ competitors are steaming hot wanting to be released from impound so they can go back to their paddock spaces, does it not make sense to delegate some of that investigation and evaluation responsibility back to the competitors, people who know the cars FAR better than anyone else at the track...?

Peer-reviewed, peer responsibility, and peer-compliance, just like every other prep regulation. If you wish to have each of those stickers reviewed in impound, please do feel free to join us in Scrutineering; I'll ask Brian to give you that explicit responsibility*. If you accept that responsibility we can file paper against any competitor that shows up this weekend with the wrong weights displayed on the car.

And what if you show up with a ITB AMC Pacer. Who the f*ck knows what that is supposed to weigh?
Come by Tech, I'll show you how to use a "GCR". They even make a little table with all the weights, I can show you how to use it...it's a whole lot faster when you only have to look up that one car.

You could put any weight sticker on your car.
You "could" also put any camshaft in your car.

GA

* And please don't give us the excuse about how you're racing this weekend. First, I've been doing it in between my racing sessions for years, and second, you're driving a Miata.