Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2012 I.T.SPEC*tacular ( I.T.FEST) registration now open

Kirk,

I know its been talked about.

I've already got a call in about the garage list. I know they are all filled.

Just 3 days left to register for the event. Remember there is no late fee if registering and paying on line.

Current I.T. entries

IT7 2
    ITA 10
    ITB 10
    ITC 11
    ITE 1
    ITR 2
    ITS 14

Just on a side note, in edition to the 118 registered club drivers the SCCA Pro guys have 32 F2000 and 28 F1600 drivers entered.

Gonna be a fun weekend. I hope there's a few more drivers out there that want to attend.

Best Regards,

Todd

Is there a way I can find out, Todd? I'm doing paperwork and don't want to put the tech guys/gals in a pickle.

K

Ooooo, drama-lama!
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

Kirk, I am not going... Not sure if you still need to

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    Is there a way I can find out, Todd? I'm doing paperwork and don't want to put the tech guys/gals in a pickle.

K

No whistling

So they effectively can't check one of the three most useful cheats on an IT car... I have to admit that's a little disappointing.

K

So they effectively can't check one of the three most useful cheats on an IT car... I have to admit that's a little disappointing.

K
    What are the other two and can they be checked?

Serious question, there doesn't seem to be any time limit on how early you can file a protest? Or am I reading the GCR wrong?
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

K
    There is a lot of racing between now and Sunday afternoon. You may find things working out without the paperwork. As far as the whistler, its been on the region wish list, there was a chance to borrow one for the event but it fell through.

Todd

Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    There is a lot of racing between now and Sunday afternoon. You may find things working out without the paperwork. As far as the whistler, its been on the region wish list, there was a chance to borrow one for the event but it fell through.

Todd
    I've been trying to access one from my own region for about four months now, and still haven't. And I'm even on the BOD. For some reason, these things are guarded and cherished more than first borns, eventhough they're rarely ever used. I don't get it either.

And yes Kirk, Tony's Accord is a '88 LXi. I haven't raced against him, but from what I've heard, it's "wide" and handles great in the straights.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post

Todd
    I'm a little twitchy with the idea of making a protest for non-compliance conditional on the vagaries of "competitiveness" or happenstance.

I went to the SIC one year ready to protest a competitor based on intel from others whose information I trusted. In that case, I decided to not do the paperwork because I was frankly driving like crap, giving up seconds that I was confident accounted for all of the difference between his and my lap times, or more.

HOWEVER - and I know I'm weird about stuff sometimes - I don't think being slower than others should be considered permission to cheat. If there's evidence that something ain't right, I should do what I'm supposed to do whether or not the accused is in front of me on the grid or not.

Protests for non-compliance have to be filed "No later than one hour before the start of the race session of the competition for the issue in question," but there's no limit as to how EARLY that may happen, Jimbo. All things being equal, I'd be inclined to get it over with early, which argues against a wait-and-see approach. I've also seen a couple of cases over the years where it sure LOOKED like someone knew they were in the crosshairs, and conveniently "had trouble with the car" until the race started. The Festival format complicates sandbagging however...

K

Quote Originally Posted by jumbojimbo View Post
    What are the other two and can they be checked?
    Camshaft (P/N and lift) and throttle body (P/N and dimensions), and "I sure hope so." Gear ratios are a close third.

K

How many Whistlers are there? I know of only one in NEDiv, and it passed through my possession for a day getting delivered inter-region about a month ago. From what I know of them, making them give accurate readings can be a challenge.

But, changing the subject, will garage assignments be posted up anywhere? The reason I ask is due to some funky work commitments, I have to be in front of a laptop sitting in my RV all day Friday, which means getting to the track Thursday night, which I'm assuming I can do with PDX classes going on. I'd like to park in front of my garage when I pull in. TIA
    Rob Foley
    Race: ITB '87 CRX Si
    Autocross: GP '86 Civic Si

If ner has one I can bring it but it needs to be located today. Let me know if anyone finds it or wants me to bring it.

Stephen