Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
Bzzzt: 404 error, logic not found
I don't understand this comment. I'm allowed to have my opinion just as you are yours. My point is to not let running for points in your division get in the way of getting the race car out and using it where you can.

Chumpcar is DIFFERRENT. And you can't compare the two and eliminate the economy, because LeMons/Chumpcar isn't the same thing, AND it's cheaper
I don't seem them as different. Both involve running crappy cars with a cage and cars that look like, well, crap.

You said it yourself, you are tired of chasing points, going for the championship, going for the wins.
I think you misread my post as I have never run for points or championships. Some have and they usually burn out fast or can't afford it very long. I've never had any goals of winning anything other than maybe my class.

1- Families are more demographic than they once were. The average SCCA guy gets his marching orders from his wife. Kids to soccer this weekend, Daughter is singing in a play the following weekend, and the son is in a swim meet the following, and Dad better be present. That isn't how it used to be. Shop time is reduced, personal free time is reduced, and available weekends are reduced. Therefor entries are down.
2- Costs ARE up. To get my car back on the track this year, and to be as safe I was last year, I will need to spend over $2K on safety gear, and arguably I'll be less safe.
All good points, but hopefully you aren't one of those guys who think the H&N device makes you less safe.