Quote Originally Posted by Alain V. View Post

,,,,of course instead of trying anything that would be supportive of such a strong group of cars,,,,it seems like they are still stuck with dinosaur stuff like formula vee. Let's be honest here guys,,,the only twelve people in the nation who give a flying f**k about formula vee are the 12 old farts that still have one. It is dinosaur cars and they don not do anything to attract a younger audience.
Put that old crap into vintage racing where it and all the other dinosaurs belong and maybe then you will have some room for cars build within the last 20 years.
Actually, there's plenty of people that give lots of flying fucks about Formula Vee. That's why it consistently has the top 3-5 national entries. The people that bought Formula V's in my region are all younger guys. I raced one when I was 16 with 7-10 other guys that were under 30 years old. After I left FV to get an ITA car, more younger guys joined the FV group. The average age for FV vs. any IT group is close (probably in the mid 40's).

On the other hand, I do agree that SCCA needs to pay more attention to their members. SCCA should be member driven (NASA allows their members to create rules for the class they drive in). SCCA also needs to invest in getting spectators to our events so that they can bring their friends, and eventually add an extra member or racer to the club.

Overall, the SCCA drivers, members, crew, all of us, need focus on the club as a whole, not the benefit of our personal interest, or else the club will lose the war with other various racing organizations.