Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ITS Mustang Results - some useful/useless information ...

Quote Originally Posted by FLATKITTY View Post
    Anyway, as stated above, the oil pressure was perfect w/zero drop at any point on the track at my 2nd race.
    That is as it should be. Ours has also been stable with the stock pan and I went back to pull some data from the oil pressure sensor that we log into the Traqmate. It is rock steady except for shifts where it drops down a bit, sometimes 10 psi if the shift is slow, but it typically hovers around 52psi when good and hot from 1200 RPM to 5100 RPM. Here is a plot, the third trace is oil pressure vs distance for one lap of RRR, our last race we entered.

The oil pressure drops during the shifts, the gear position is shown in the fourth trace. There is a little bit of a drop around 2300 ft that is due to g loading I suspect but I'm not too worried about it, at least not yet.
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 10-17-2012 at 03:32 PM.

Ron--Ford motors are tough!

I would not worry about it.

Looks like the Mustang made it to RA and the ARRC. Nice color. How did the car run?

Ron Earp ... "It looks like the Mustang made it to the ARRC. Nice color. How did the car run?"

[/QUOTE]

It felt like a (NA$CAR) Cup Car on an autocross course. The last two (2) times I drove RA was at night & on the old course. I was good thru 1 & from 5 thru 10A/B, but just never felt comfortable thru 12 (which I use to absolutely love ... even at night) & 2 to 5. I think that it was not knowing just how far off course a 3,000 lb vehicle would go that kept me cautious (& slow). That has been the biggest learning curve (for me, anyway) in that all my previous IT & Endurance cars were sub 2,500 lb vehicles that I felt very comfortable (& confident) in. As for the basic color theme & car # ... they have a historic basis in the Terlingua Racing '67 Trans-Am Mustang. Sorry that you were not able to make it. I was afraid that Sandy had something to do w/you not being at RA. As for this delayed response, I just returned from my RA / Palm Beach / Sebring trip on Wednesday. I am probably one of the last remaining folks who do not text, tweet or twitter ... or travel w/a laptop. As my kids are fond of saying ... "Dad, yer nothin' but roadkill on the information highway!"