Thread: ITS Mustang Results - some useful/useless information ...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I've got a convex Longacre mirror in my car, and I'm not hugely thrilled with it. In our Lemons Miata, we're using just a clip-on mirror cover that's curved laterally, not convex. it doesn't change the focusing and depth perception near as much as what my Longacre does. It's also closer to my head and I have a pretty wide field of vision in it because of it. I prefer that mirror over the Longacre one in my car (which was 4x the price!)

In either car/mirror though, I can see everything from my helmet to about halfway out the right door. Thus I have no need for a right side mirror. On the left side, I use a small "F1 type" curved mirror: https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pr...p?Product=5121

Keep in mind that you don't really need to be able to focus on a car coming up behind you. I glance at the mirrors and see if there's a fuzzy dot in it. If so, I have tons of room. If there's a bigger blob, I pay more attention. If I'm on a straight and can see the blob getting bigger, then I know I'd better be ready for a pass by a faster car.

That said, your run group includes GT1-3, so you have some fast cars running with you. it's a bit different than running STU where you're more equally matched in power and there's not at much closing speed. I have a lot more time to react to oncoming traffic at the end of a straight when they're passing me at 5-10mph differential vs. 50+mph!!

Will you be at TWS this weekend? would be happy to let you take a look at the mirrors I have set up in my car.. I think I have extra mounting brackets and possibly a leftover longacre that I cracked a corner on first installation. Let me know by tonight and I'll toss them in the trailer.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

You guys might want to look at some baffles in the pan, windage trays, and a crank scraper. While the latter suggestion isn't necessarily involved in oil control for scavenging it can help with power and "while you're in there" you might as well do it up right.

Matt93SE: "That said, your run group includes GT1-3, so you have some fast cars running w/you. I have a lot more time to react to oncoming traffic at the end of a straight when they're passing me at 5-10 mph differential vs. 50+ mph!"

I think that by fully utilizing the adjustments on the HANR device, the mirror issue is not nearly as severe as it was in the beginning. And, as someone here told me ... it's just a matter of getting used to it.