Thread: ITS Mustang Results - some useful/useless information ...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Interesting observations and no doubt I'll have some to add when we test our car tomorrow. I'll throw in some comments here on a couple of your points that might help, or might not.

1) We're a good bit lighter than that. I suspect you can find considerable weight to be removed with application of the various weight threads on the site, although I'm sure you're probably already aware of the areas where you can reap the most benefit.

2) We're still good on L/R at 50/50 with driver, cross weights excellent, but the front rear at around 54/46 seems to be about as good as we've managed. We'd be able to get it down to maybe 50/50, but it'd be due to adding fuel and our overall weight would rise considerably.

3) Sounds scary on the tires. We're planning on 245-45-15 Hoosiers.

4) Drop weight. Or make more power. We're planning to do both.

6) No doubt, but I sure like how they work.

6a) I hope oiling issues are not common for these engines. Our sources say oiling isn't a problem at all and our engine is very set on making 80 psi of oil pressure from 1500RPM - 5500 RPM. I think it is too high, but it is what it is for the time being. I'd like to see around 55 psi at 5500 RPM as I think the 80psi is robbing some small amount of hp.

7) Good tip. We'll look for this problem.

8) Muffler(s) as in plural? I'd suggest that there is unneeded weight right there and I believe that with some modeling and dyno time you'd find a properly designed single exhaust will be superior to the dual setup. I bet it sounds nice though, ours, not so much.
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 05-10-2012 at 08:20 PM.