Thread: Camping at NHMS

Default Camping at NHMS

The track rules mention overnight camping fees. Anyone know how much it is and where payment is made?

Do most people camp inside the infield or somewhere in the outfield? No fires in infield but not sure that really matters.

Does it get relatively quite at night at most SCCA venues held here?

Any other useful advice other than don't freeze my butt off? lol
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

I think it is 20 or 25 bucks for full hook up( electric, water) not sure how much it is for just a tent. It gets very quiet unless the dugan and blethen clans are there doing a motor or tranny swap till midnight! U pay at registration for your camping area. And as far as sleeping equipment are u in a tent or a campe? If your in a camper your ok turn the heat on and forget it, if your in a tent look for a dry spot get your directions out crack open a beer and wait for help! Then if no one showes up to help take the tent and every artical of clothing u own wrap up in the tent as it lays flat on the ground and have a great night. Or if u come over to where we are u can camp with us on the spare bed we have. Hehehe either way hope to see u there!

Was planning on tenting it. I did learn from my ARRC experience years ago (no Greg, not the "bring as MUCH as you want!". Have a tent heater, and propane tank converter to use a large tank instead of the dinky one that runs out at 2 am.

It seems like you guys are always doing some crazy mechanical items throughout the nights. lol
    Dave Gran

Leave all those heaters at home... get yourself a good 15 degree sleeping bag and a pad. EOS.

http://www.rei.com/
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Quote Originally Posted by mossaidis View Post
    Leave all those heaters at home... get yourself a good 15 degree sleeping bag and a pad. EOS.

http://www.rei.com/
    ...or a hot Babe.
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

Camping with electric is $25. Why burn propane when you have paid for the electric already.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Those 15 degree bags might be fine for some, but I've slept in my trailer, WITH a heater on a bed with blankets and underblankets and I've frozen my ass off and gotten NO sleep. IF my head is cold, I'M cold.
    Guess it's different fro everybody, but I will never be doing any climbing of Mt Everest! (Or sleeping at Lime Rock after Sept 30! Or sleeping at NHMS before June 15th or after Sept 15th...)

Dave, if you've never slept there before, they DO have showers. I think 3 or 4 are on the concrete building that has the restrooms along the back straight before turn 3, and then in a main building near the garages there are a couple more. (Been a long time since I used those, so others might correct me)
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    . IF my head is cold, I'M cold.

Dave, if you've never slept there before, they DO have showers. I think 3 or 4 are on the concrete building that has the restrooms along the back straight before turn 3, and then in a main building near the garages there are a couple more. (Been a long time since I used those, so others might correct me)

Must.....refrain.....from.......hair......joke.... ........

The showers in the drivers bathroom are very nice. They even have a propane heater in there. You just have to deal with the smell of 200 guys crapping out shitty track food......
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Melissa and I actually camped there several years ago (inside the track), but it slightly different than this upcoming event. There was absolutely no one else there, which was pretty F-N cool. (Sex jokes aside and all that.) Even not being a NHMS fan, it was somewhat awe inspiring. Even my non-racefan wife thought it was cool. Next morning guys came by to start spray painting the walls white again.

So it sounds like most camp inside of the track?
    $25 for the weekend worst case...cool.

Yes, a tent propane heater will be my source of warmth. Not quite ready for Miata cuddling. I too like the air to be warm if given a choice. That and I'm camping since I'm Poe and don't want to purchase another sleeping bag.
    Dave Gran

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    Melissa and I actually camped there several years ago (inside the track), but it slightly different than this upcoming event. There was absolutely no one else there, which was pretty F-N cool. (Sex jokes aside and all that.) Even not being a NHMS fan, it was somewhat awe inspiring. Even my non-racefan wife thought it was cool. Next morning guys came by to start spray painting the walls white again.
    Jeeez, what did you and your wife DO to the walls!?
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com