The car's GCR weight is 2280 ('83 ITA RX7). I've never managed to weigh less than 2440. That's 160lbs overweight. I'm at wits end trying to find ways to bring the weight down.

Asking around, it seems none of the other class competitor are having a particular problem meeting minimum weight. In fact, one competitor weighs about 275 and has a cool suit cooler system and still manages to weigh in at minimum.

Yet, my car is 160lbs overweight.

I weigh about 190 and could conceivably lose about 10lbs. But I don't see where else to take weight off the car.

The interior is stripped. I don't have a cooler. My Panasports aren't particularly heavy. I have a 15gal fuel cell and I'm careful to run a minimum amount of fuel for any given race. I can't find anything else to take off the car.

My cage is overbuilt - it's built out of 2.0x0.080 tubing. As I calculate it, there's about 800 linear inches of tubing in the cage - so it weighs about 55lbs. Even if I replace that with lighter tubing, the lightest legal cage I can install will only save me 10-15 lbs... What else is there??

I don't have a NASCAR bar on the passenger door, so have a stock door with glass. How much could I expect to save by gutting the door?

What else??

(thanks for your help -- sure would like to get the car down closer to minimum weight so I can stop using that as an excuse for poor lap times )

Steve Tynor